[Project] "Knee-Deep in ZDoom"

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Great ;)
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

BTW, get the ZDoom (Hexen format) converted Episode 1 maps here:
http://home.arcor.de/tormentor667/kdizd ... OMMAPS.ZIP

And don't forget: IWAD IS STILL DOOM2.WAD!
Risen

Post by Risen »

You may not be getting participants because this is not a new idea. (I already have a modified E1M5 I built in excatly this style only less ZDoom features... ZDoom wasn't as far along when I was working on it) I am not interested because of this I have plenty of new things I can be working on instead.

You also may not be getting any because everyone is busy with the other community projects and don't have any more time!
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@Risen - When this is no new idea, why hasn't anybody else realised this? :) I never saw a wad like this. And yes, some may still be busy with the other community projects, this is why I haven't set any startline because I wait until everything else is finished and the slots are full!
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Another good idea
What about adding some of the Doom1 "Overclocked Remixes" to our maps to make the work of our too musicians a bit easier and less time consuming?

Check this link:
http://www.ocremix.org/alpha.php?alpha=D

Watch for DOOM and tell me what you think about it. I really like the tracks!
Risen

Post by Risen »

Tormentor667 wrote:@Risen - When this is no new idea, why hasn't anybody else realised this?
You're right, nobody has ever thought of updating E1 with new features, or modifying a stock map into something similar but not the same.

http://www.pixelfreaks.org/cdoom/

Nope, never crossed anyone's mind.
farlowj

Post by farlowj »

Okay, if you need another mapper, I'll join. You probably haven't seen anything I've done, but then again, you might be surprised. I really don't care what level I work on, but I guess I would really like to work on e1m6. What exactly are we adding, besides just detail? For instance, is there a limit as to how many rooms can be added, or secrets? Can I alter some areas instead of just adding detail? Those questions have probably been answered, but I just want to make sure.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@Risen - Well, I have never heard of this but it's beautiful. But nevertheless, not everybody has Doom3 and not everybody loves it ;) I think it is still a good idea to do this, and so we will!

@farlowj - You are in. And about your questions: You can alter some areas, you can add detail & zdoom effects, you can add new rooms and secrets and all the other stuff as long as everyonme recognizes the original map and as long as it looks like Episode 1 orf Doom, but thats the only restriciton!
Talonos

Post by Talonos »

I guess I'm E1m7, then.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@Talonos - Yes, you are ;) But that aren't enough persons :( I still want to have at least week 1 and 2 full! :(
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

I can get the music grabbed and put in - the stuff that's not on Overclocked would probably be on Doomworld, and I can convert the stuff to OGG and make sure it works. I still wouldn't mind putting in new weapon sounds (because personally, I hate Doom's stock weapon sounds).
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@wildweasel - I have downloaded the best remixes from overclocked and some other remix pages, 12 mp3s (I can convert them to OGG also) in a very high quality, and to be honest, I love them :) If Lexus and this other music guy (sorry, forget the name) don't mind, I will use them all and put them into a music resource wad (9 of them, one for each map).
Just let me know what you all think :) By the way: Leave the sounds of the weapons as they are. It would be a bad idea to change things like that.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

How about a rifle for a BFG replacement. It uses it's own ammo (Assuming that the plasma rifle is replaced with a grenade launchcer which rockets as ammo.) and fires a small projectile replacing the BFG ball (Like the Cobra pistol in P0wer Weapons.) which does more
damage than a bullet. It'd be a good idea if the Doom 0.4 sprites were used and I'll do the DeHackEd work for it.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Okay, do both :)
Nmn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Nmn »

Tormentor667 wrote:everyonme recognizes the original map and as long as it looks like Episode 1 orf Doom
Dammit!
That means going a little overboard is bad? Have a look:

Return to “Levels”