[Project] "Knee-Deep in ZDoom"

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@Nmn - Please wait until all resources are finished!

@Talonos - No, always the same map of Episode one in all three weeks.
The Ultimate DooMer

Post by The Ultimate DooMer »

Tormentor667 wrote:@UltimateDoomer - I have no idea when we are going to start, we just have to wait until all the resources are collected and until we have a full team! And yes, we are sticking to E1 weapons BUT I thought about replacing the Plasmagun and the BFG with some kind of E1 styled new weapons. What do you think? About the sounds: So you volunteer to do some AmbientSoundResources, yes? :)
If we can make the weapons somewhat different from the original, then it would be a good idea. Maybe a grenade launcher (giving the plasma or bfg bolt the same properties as a rocket and adding the bouncy flag).

I'll do some sounds, yep.
Viciarg

Post by Viciarg »

Lexus Alyus wrote:You will never guess what I will ask next? I wanna do the whole sound track for this baby!
Mmh...I thought similar things, but more of a noisy, industrial soundtrack, maybe in style of a more melodic doom64-soundtrack. Here's my suggestion:

You make your thing with guitar and bass and so on. I make my thing only with the computer. We show each other what we made and then combine our power to make the best soundtrack a doom ever had ;) I ever wanted to work with real recorded guitar-tracks to make a song.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@Ultimate Doomer - This is exactly what I was thinking of :)

@Viciarg - So you volunteer to work with Lexus together on the music tracks? (9 at all!)
cccp_leha

Post by cccp_leha »

So I guess my MIDI's aren't needed then? :(
Viciarg

Post by Viciarg »

Tormentor667 wrote:@Viciarg - So you volunteer to work with Lexus together on the music tracks? (9 at all!)
Let's see first what Lexus says to my idea...I'd like to do some doom music, but it wont hurt if he/somebody else doesn't want my ideas...

@cccp_leha...sure, they are needed...what with all the people who don't like oggs? Real guitars and industrial noise were senseless, would we want to make midis :wink:
cccp_leha

Post by cccp_leha »

I mean for the project, they are most needed for me! :)
Lexus Alyus

Post by Lexus Alyus »

That's a good idea (none of yours...my own one that I juist made up right now :D). Basically, we create (who's the we?) a OGG soundtradck for people with super modems (distributed seperately of course) and we have a stock sound track made of midis. That way, people like Enjay can enjoy this wad... biut i'd encourage them to get the real muisic as it will be musch better (not in compositionship... in production and in sound... midis sound poor regarddless of how good the composer is... unless they use a sound module and record it as amn MP3 or summit... like the FF7 sound track and Resident Evil 2 :D).

As for the collaboration thing... I'm not sure how that would work... I mean, if we get together at my house, havea party and make a good wek of it then that would work... but exchanging things over the internet will bea bit awkward... I mean, my stuff will be closly in time with stuff... and then stuff would like happen alongside stuff... and stuff... but your stuff would probably be cool stuff... but it woud nbe hard to srtuff that with my stuff to create better stuff because the stuff will like be differant stuff man... It could work... but i'd have to combine it all and you wouln't really see the final stuff... I mean, soundtrack untill I've stuffed... urm... finished :D.

Basically, I saw this because:

A) I'm silly :D

B) I will produce the whgole thing using my 1337 production skillz0rz so it sounds all professional and, urm, stuff?

So, I'd basically be doing everything but the industrial sound... which kinda seems unfair to me... I mean, unfair to you :D. But i';d be intrested to hear your stuff... then I can judge better on the stuff... I like industrial :D.

:twisted:
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Damn... still waiting for some more participants :( Has anyone a idea what we could do?
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

idbeholdp
SirTimberWolf

Post by SirTimberWolf »

I'd be willing to do some work on this.. what do you need? (Im a mapper O_o)
DrewbieDoobie007

Post by DrewbieDoobie007 »

I dont have too much free time now that classes have started but I would like to be involved with enhancing E1M1.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@SirTimberWolf - Yes, mapping!

@DrewbieDoobie007 - Added
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Okay, I have uploaded our resources, which means that you can start right now!
Update August 26th
- Texture resources available "http://home.arcor.de/tormentor667/kdizd ... XTURES.ZIP"
- Monster resources available "http://home.arcor.de/tormentor667/kdizd ... NSTERS.ZIP"
Work with these resources, don't alter them. If you add new stuff, add it into the level wad directly and add some documentation about it in a text-file!
Nmn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Nmn »

Yay! Me starts e1m4 now

Return to “Levels”