[Project] "Knee-Deep in ZDoom"

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Nmn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Nmn »

Again, I couldn't resist showing off :biggrin:

I love those perdy lights!!
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Absolutely amazing, great job Nmn :)

My current stats:
----------
3909 Vertices
4427 Linedefs
7920 Sidedefs
716 Sectors
...and don't forget, I am not finished and this is just the simple E1M8 boss area :)
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

um, tormentor... you wrote the SNDINFO lump backwards... i fixed it for you

i also lowered the sound volume, at 1.0; the wind was louder than gunfire
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Thx Bio, fixed and uploading the latest file at the moment!
Risen

Post by Risen »

Tormentor667 wrote:@Risen - Well, what about a Risen/Tormentor667 co-production? I always love to have my hands on graphics. What tools do you use?
Might be difficult but I'm willing to try it. How do you envision that working?
For the ZDCMP1 graphics I used Photoshop 7 and a bit of ImageReady. Depending on what I need to accomplish, I may use Illustrator. I also do mechanicals and scan them.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Great, I also use Photoshop, so we can exchange the psds. So, what I thought about doing: We both start on a graphic, one of us on a Interpic&Endpic and one of us on a Titlepic. But we don't finish it, we leave some parts of it open and exchange our work, so that everyone continues the work on the other's psd. We will do about 4 exchanges and then put the final results into the wad ;) What do you think? (but we will do this after the maps are finished, I dont have time to do my maps and also the management!)
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Okay, I am almost finished with my tweaks on E1M8, so here you will get some final shots of it ;)
===========
Who is the first who recognizes this room as E1M8 startroom? :) Yes, a bit spiced up, larger and also with a neat little dome in the center, and also a blue key which you will need to proceed.

This shot shows some of the new rooms, I added to the map (so you have some places where you will find the keys for the doors in order to proceed.). It's kinda similar to one of the E1M3 or E1M4 rooms, not sure about the number.

Another doomish new room for E1M8. It is also rebuild from scratch from E1M ... well, forgot :) I just have the picture and the part of the map in mind ;)

And finally a screenshot of the redone "Gate to Deimos" :) Was a lot of work but I think it looks now much better then before ;)
=====================

...c'mon guys, show me more of your stuff :)
GeeDougg
Location: VanCity, British Colonies, Isolated Republic Of Canuckistan

Post by GeeDougg »

Oh wow this s*** is amazing yo, it's off the hizzouse. For shizzle. Tormentor I could say "you're good" a million times and it wouldn't be enough. You're a genius man. If I wasn't tied-down with other crap like ZooW A.D. and other stuff I'd love to do E1M2. I've always had ideas for how to make that level more ZDooM or Vavoom-ish and man oh man this is right up my alley. I hope that slot doesn't fill up soon ;).
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

My jaw dropped. I always admired Night-time maps. I will show You more stuff soon..
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

/me feels pretty well getting such honor ;)
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

On a side note-too bad Chris Hansen isn't frequent on these forums-with him on our team we could be a real mappage elite.
Lexus Alyus

Post by Lexus Alyus »

Right.. it's time to show you that we don't need Chris Henson... you have me! :D

:twisted:
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

Wha? I dare You to show Your e1m5 pic :)
GeeDougg
Location: VanCity, British Colonies, Isolated Republic Of Canuckistan

Post by GeeDougg »

Again, I'll sound like a f***ing N00B, but who's Chris Hanson?
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Wha? I dare You to show Your e1m5 pic
Dito :)

@geedougg - Well, it's a very unknown mapper, he has created a few levels called... Wraig... or ... Craig... or Vrack, yes that's it ;)

Return to “Levels”