[Project] "Knee-Deep in ZDoom"

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

Tormentor667 wrote:tell me (in Middle European Timezone - MET) when I have to be online, then we can discuss that!
lets see, if MET is the same as CET, then if i get up real early tomorrow (sunday) morning, we could talk at 9:00 PM your time till whenever you need to go to sleep
Tormentor667 wrote:@BioHazard - If you want me to, I could continue work on E1M9, just tell me what you have in mind with several areas.
cool, we'll talk about it when we meet up online cause im real picky about what people do to this map :)
Tormentor667 wrote:I also have sometimes one of these... holes and a break is often inavoidable but PLEASE get the Credits map done because in my eyes, you are the onley person here who can do this right :) I loved the credits map of TZDCMP1 and I really want to see something like that in here!!! :)
ooooh, i have such greal ideas for this sequence! and cause risen showed me the pixel.align hudmessage thing, i'll have much more time to code effects than i did for the CMP one

and if i can't (which i cant see happeneing cause i absolutely love cutsceneing so much), im sure risen could do a killer job as well, his intermap effects are really cool

@Lexus, if you have time, i want you to mix 3 XMs together for me to use as credits music. not neccicairily remix (you go right ahead and make a killer remix if you want, since we can use MP3s in this project. just let me know), but just stick them together to me one big flowing megasong (ill need at least 6 minutes of songness for the sequence i want to do). if you can, i need to talk to you too, you know when im in #NZDR
Krillancello

Post by Krillancello »

Bio Hazard wrote:lets see, if MET is the same as CET, then if i get up real early tomorrow (sunday) morning, we could talk at 9:00 PM your time till whenever you need to go to sleep
Middle European Time and Central European Time are the same; GMT + 0100.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

On another note, I think "Training Facility" would be a good name for E1M10 since it sounds E1'ish and is will prepare the player for what we have in mind for them.
Chris
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Chris »

But E1M10 contains compressed/stripped versions of E2 and E3 maps, so I don't see why it'd have an E1 name.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

I know that but it would be less of a suprise if the name of the level suggested that it was a E2/3 map done E1 style.
Chris
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Chris »

I think it should be something suiting to a Super Secret Map, than something that blends in with the rest of the maps. It should be something that stands out, so players know it's special and they're in for a treat when they reach it.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

I see you point there but still I don't think it should stick out like a sore thumb.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Chris wrote:I think it should be something suiting to a Super Secret Map, than something that blends in with the rest of the maps. It should be something that stands out, so players know it's special and they're in for a treat when they reach it.
Exactly. my thought! ;)
NiGHTMARE

Post by NiGHTMARE »

Small status update: currently detailing the cavern from E3M2..
Nmn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Seriously Bad News

Post by Nmn »

Real Life folks. :sadno: :cry:
I must get away from my comp for at least 2 weeks. I know KDIZD will be released in this time, so I must quit. (Oh no :cry: this means I won't make that Grenade Launcher. I'm really sorry this occured at such a moment, but never before was I needed this much in my own Life I think :( Please don't kill me for that.
The map so far:
http://ccc.1asphost.com/Sonybono/ze1m6.zip22
(Status:
-Items and Enemy Placement needs tweaking
-South-East part of the map needs work (the "halls")
-Northern part of map needs work
-North-West needs more details
Continue with the project, however, if something seriously bad happens and it will be delayed I will be back sometimes 17-18 December :( Again sorry friends.
ellmo

Post by ellmo »

Ehh... Facing this fact I suspect that we will all be having similar real-life problems in nearest days. Christmas, anyone? Visiting long forgotten family, and friedns, and family friends, and friedns of family... it's inevitable. Then of course goes searching for appropriate/ buying gifts for people we wan't to be given gifts.

Luckily I found some precious time to edit the map I have here, but soon team will start falling apart, and schedules won't do any good. This is a very difficult time of every year (as well as the end of school semester). I'm doing fine with my job here, and most probably will have it finished till next monday, as Torm suggested; However I vote to set the final release date somewhere in the late December, to make other people life's easier. Plus noone has been bothering us about releasing it right now, and noone said we're slacking around. The position of this project is very high (not only in the ZDoom community), so with all due respect let's agree, that we will just finish (release) it before New Year's Eve - now that'd be a DEADLINE. :wink:
NiGHTMARE

Post by NiGHTMARE »

I'll have lots of free time to work on the project between 26th December and 4th of January, so any post Christmas deadline would be fine with me :).
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Bad news, really bad news :( I need now some time to reorganize that whole shit, concerning also the fact that several other maps are still missing :(
NiGHTMARE

Post by NiGHTMARE »

Any thoughts on what music to use for E1M10?

Also, perhaps it's time to go on a recruitment drive, i.e. ask for helpers in places other than this here phorum (Doomworld and #notzdoomrelated for instance). I can think of several talented ZDoom mappers who don't often/ever come here, and I'm sure some of them would be willing to help, considering there's relatively little left to do.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@Nightmare - Actually I don't have any idea of who to recruit, so some names and links to demonstration wads would be great :(

Return to “Levels”