[Project] "Knee-Deep in ZDoom"

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Nmn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Nmn »

Risen- got it. I'll make the "night time" parts of Intermission, but I'm not working on cameras or scripting. Someone take it after me :)
Vader

Post by Vader »

Tormentor667 wrote:@NMN - Same to me, but I just know one person who is able to create amazing new doom-styled monsters from scratch: Vader ... and actually he is already creating a new monster for my latest project, so forget about this!
Damn right Tormentor!
And it it´s really a pain in the ass to create this thingy :wink:

Be sure to see me participate in upcoming projects, as far as this will happen!
Risen

Post by Risen »

Yes, I will be doing the cameras and scripting. I just need the three time periods from you, and if you'd like to do transitions between them that would be nice, too.

According to NASA's website, Phobos' rotation period (Length of Day) is 1.026 Earth days. I think this is the rotation of Mars, however. Another site lists it as 0.3191 days. I'm more inclined to believe this. Does anyone have good data from a reliable source?

Also found:
Max surface Temperature -4C(Phobos)
Min surface Temperature -112C(Phobos)

Phobos and Deimos are both believed to be captured asteroids, due to their irregular shape and small size (Phobos having a 22.2km wide diameter, whilst Deimos is just 12.6km wide!). Both moons are, however, heavily cratered and are believed to be made up of rock and ice. Like our moon they have a coating of dust on their surfaces. Phobos' orbit is such that it rises in the west and sets in the east, often more than once in one day.

However, I'm afraid there isnt realy much future left for Phobos as an independant moon of Mars. This is because in little over 50 million years it is destined to crash into Mars (with a thud) due to the planet's tidal forces lowering its orbit (presently at about 1.8cm/year). Nevertheless, it (and Deimos) have been seen by many spacecraft since it was discovered by Asaph Hall in 1877, such as the Mariner 9, Viking 1, Phobos and Phobos 2, the last of which even detected an outgassing coming from Phobos.
SirTimberWolf

Post by SirTimberWolf »

i guess its also good to know that phobos doesnt actualy have an atmosphere huh? :P
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

Remember it's:
1.Future. Colonised space is a greater reality than today.
2.Doom, it means nothing must really make sense :P
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@Someone - Can anyone of you add the fix for the resource wad and also fix the DECORATE for DoomBuilder and ALSO add the Super BArons into the Decorate? This is really important!!!!

@Risen - Concerning music: Just wait, I don't have enough tracks for all the 9 maps so I still have to search for good Doom-Remixes. Does anyone know a good source for mp3s, s3ms or oggs?

@BioHazard - Once again: Will you be able to work on the credits map? Do you already have something in mind?

@NMN - Sounds interesting, what about the Super Barons? Any Screens? Any pre-download?:)

@Risen - Concerning e1m4: Gotta check this now :)

@Vader - Great to hear that, just wait for "The Shores of ZDoom" ;)

@Risen . Conerning phobos info: What do you want to tell us?! :)
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

Tormentor667 wrote: 1.Does anyone know a good source for mp3s, s3ms or oggs?

2.NMN - Sounds interesting, what about the Super Barons? Any Screens? Any pre-download?:)

3.Risen-what do You want to tell us?
1.Yes, Lexus :) But he's off-his music and is in another project anyway. I reccomend Overclocked Remix. Their music isn't that bad. I also have 1 peculiar idea I must undergo later today......I know one person who remixes music in a truly Godlike manner, but I don't think the man will find enough time for us..
Try this for now: http://www.chicajo.com

2.Tonight.

3.Good question ;)
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Feedback on E1M4
- Starting area (with valve, and core) needs a lot of detail (looks very empty right now)
- Suggestion: Make the "upper part" of the ventilators with a F_SKY flat, looks much better, so the ventilators hang in the air :)
- We really have to try to do something about that silver pipe textures and flats, they often look very silly because of their hard contrast and black border :(
- The room with the large 3D bridge should be freed from every TEKGREN texture and also given much more detail, it looks terribly empty and innovative :(
- Unpeg the elevator wall textures in the large original area with those red lamps outside you can see through windows
- Many rooms need much detail and work concerning fitting colors, texture styles and other things like that, I hope Nightmare can start with this as soon as possible

ALL IN ALL
some work has been done which is pleasing me, but unfortunately a lot of work is still left, gameplay (harder monster & stuff), detail and fine-tuning :(
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@NMN - When is "tonight"? Please consider time-difference ;) And about the music thing: I have all the Overclocked Remixes and also some Remixes from another large page but I just want to use about 5 of the, the rest is shit :(
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

My contribution to what Torm Said:

1.The secret in one of the halls leading to the "old first large room", near the vents has doors that lock You in. They need "Repeatable use".

2.The starting tram needs some fine-tuning.

3.The rooms near the core (the mirrored room) needs way more detail.

4.The windows and slopes in the "curved and sloped" large hallway need fine-tweaking. Look closer.

5.The last pair of slopes in the hall right behind the upper mentioned curvy one has a HOM. Get rid of it.

6.Someone needs to clean up the fan script. It's pretty terrible now (I ain't no great scripter ;)

7.The valley by the tram needs work on the sky

8.The clouds flat in the skybox is fugly. Either fog the sky more or change to a more approapriate.

9.Fine tune Reactor Procedure Scripts

10.West South maze of halls in primary facility (original E1m4) needs to be finished.

11."UAC" Sign room requires more detail. So goes for the next room, leading to the exit chamber.

12.Exit door is nice, tough exit is terrible. Need fine-tunning.

13.Yellow key room needs work.

14.Former Blue Key room and it's antechamber need more work.

15.North-East corner of the map (nukage pool and bridges) need more work.

16.Numerous Misalignments over the entire map.

17.Add something special to the old starting room (like a dead marine and a message "This guy's name was Flynn... weird" or something. Be original :D )
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@NMN - I second that all :)
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

BTW: How can I spawn a DECORATE monster voa script?! Why does "thing_spawn(1, "SATYR", 128);" not work?
Ninja_of_DooM

Post by Ninja_of_DooM »

You have to give the DECORATE thing a SPAWN ID.

Here's my DECORATE lump for my latest wad:

Code: Select all

//===========================================================================
//
// Hell's Fury
//
//===========================================================================
ACTOR HellsFury 3127
{
	Health 1000
	Radius 24
	Height 64
	Speed 8
	PainChance 50
	Mass 1000
	MONSTER
	+FLOORCLIP
	SeeSound "baron/sight"
	ActiveSound "baron/active"
	PainSound "baron/pain"
	DeathSound "Baron/Death"
	Obituary "%o felt the wrath of Hell's Fury"
	HitObituary "%o got ripped apart by Hell's Fury"
	MissileType HellsFuryBall
	MeleeDamage 11
        SpawnID 200
	States
In this case, the DECORATE entry has a spawn ID of 200.

The ACS Script should look like this:

Code: Select all

Thing_Spawnfacing (70, 200, 0, 76);
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Can someone who is willing to fix the wad (Supportfix from Nightmare, Decoratefix fpr DB, SuperBaron Addition) also willed to give every monster a SpawnID??????
Risen

Post by Risen »

Good observations. I would have done much more but again my time is at a premium right now and I want to focus on the intermap as it has the most work to be done. I know that Nightmare can handle this so I decided to pass it on now.

I was looking up the Phobos info in order to perhaps provide some notes on the maps themselves (Time of day, etc.) so I needed to know the length of a Phobos day. I thought the rest of the info might be interesting so I passed it along.

If nobody else can do the resource additions then I can, but I would really like someone else to hadle this.

Return to “Levels”