[Project] "Knee-Deep in ZDoom"

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

I'm on it :P
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@Nmn - To be honest ... :( ... THIS IS BEAUTIFUL AND EXACTLY WHAT I THOUGHT OF :)
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

Nmn wrote:
Tormentor667 wrote:everyonme recognizes the original map and as long as it looks like Episode 1 orf Doom
Dammit!
That means going a little overboard is bad? Have a look:
I can still tell that's E1M4 (of course if it's not, then you have a problem :P), so it looks okay thus far. I'd say so long as you get the feeling that you're running around an updated version of the level, and not just some random level made for ZDoom, then you're in the clear.
Nmn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Nmn »

Cool, then I don't have to scrap it :) Thx dudes.
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

Nmn wrote:Dammit!
That means going a little overboard is bad? Have a look:
um, i think i need to work a bit harder :)
Lexus Alyus

Post by Lexus Alyus »

Mmmm... you seem to have rushed off and got your great music... looks like I;m not needed here... which is fair enough because I already have a lot on my plate (I'm good at doing that, doncha think?).

I;ve got two more tracks for Tormentors stronghold map (plus another one which Im; going to remake because I'm not pleased with it) andthen thereis the Rone music and finally I have my own 2 songs to re-record and produce (Well, one has been recorded... but its screaming out for production ;) ).

So, this is the best thing realy because I;m just silly and dont know when to not offer my musical talents ;).

Oh, by-the-way: I hope Tormentor IS definately going to release that stronghold project becuase that is my best music to date! I look forward to seeingh everyone reaction to it when It;s all done (my music that is :D). No alpha leeks or anything like that.. I wan;t it to remain a surprise until its fully finished ;). Oh, and I'm going to take the time to make these tracks into a full sound track that I will host on my website (when I finally get one ;) ).

:twisted:
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

Lexus Alyus wrote: andthen thereis the Rone music
:cry: And I tought You forgot about us.
The particular R-One jobby will get bigger when ellmo gets back (which should happen.. in.. 3 days :D )
:rock:
Talonos

Post by Talonos »

Nmn:

I recognize the room shape...

I think whay he means by "Recognize the level" Is that you can do all the same stuff in the level that you could before, and the size of the rooms isn't changed, and stuff like that. Think of it like this: If you were in the ZDCMP, and the person behind you was a horrible n00b at mapping, what would you do? You'd leave the way his area progressed the same, and keep the same theme and major features, but would make it look spectacular.

Offhand, I'd say add a ton of detail if you want, but don't add more than a few new rooms or secrets. If there are a few computer consoles, make them look spiffy. If there weren't, don't add them. If there was a colum sprite there, make a 3-d one with all the coolest bells and whistles. If there is a lamp, or a light sticking out of the wall, make it all cool, with gradient lighting and stuff. You know, stuff like that. Make it so people who know the layout of the level will look for a colum sprite, computer, or lamp and find a masterpiece instead.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@Lexus - This is what I already thought. First at all I wanted just add a few of these remixes but I know you have a lot of work to do (I knew about RONE, I still know about Stronghold and also about the ZDCMP2), that's one of the few reasons for this conclusion.
Oh, and YES, I will release Stronghold :) I just wait for .64 so Chilvence can give his latest touches to the script ;)
SirTimberWolf

Post by SirTimberWolf »

Alright this sounds stupid but which map do you want me to do.. it seems that all the others are taken up >_>
The Ultimate DooMer

Post by The Ultimate DooMer »

What about the scripted marines - can we use them as friendlies? (ie. the marines that took all the heavy weaponry leaving you with only a pistol, only some of them might've got holed up somewhere and the sight of you might inspire them to join in)

And how much of each map do we need to do? (given there's 3 of us taking turns)
Last edited by The Ultimate DooMer on Tue Aug 24, 2004 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

Can we use scripts to enhacne our maps? I tought that the gameplay should remain "arcade" as well. This is important, if so, let me just make some friendly marines and subquests, not to mention puzzles, bwahahaa!
Giest118

Post by Giest118 »

Can there be a miniboss of sorts in the middle of the episode? (like at the end of E1M4 or something) 'cause I have a good monster for that role. It's reasonable too! (omfgwtfholyshit)

Code: Select all

ACTOR GiestVile : Archvile 234
{
     Health 1000
     States
     {
     Missile:
          VILE A 0 A_Jump (128,11)
          VILE GHIJKLM  5 A_FaceTarget
          VILE N 5 A_CustomMissile("GiestVileFire",0,0,0)
          VILE OP 5 A_FaceTarget
          GoTo See
          VILE ] 5 A_FaceTarget
          VILE [ 5 A_FaceTarget
          VILE \ 0 A_CustomMissile("GiestVileSummoner",0,0,90)
          VILE \ 5 A_CustomMissile("GiestVileSummoner",0,0,-90)
          GoTo See
     }
}

ACTOR GiestVileFire
{
     PROJECTILE
     +FLOORHUGGER+NOTELEPORT+NONSHOOTABLE
     DONTHURTSHOOTER
     Speed 40
     Radius 16
     Height 64
     Damage 3
     +RIPPER
     States
     {
     Spawn:
          COML A 3
          COML A 1 A_CustomMissile ("Doom3VileFireTrail",0,0,0)
          GoTo Spawn+1
          Death:
          COML A 1
          Stop
     }
}

ACTOR GiestVileFireTrail
{
     PROJECTILE
     Speed 0
     Radius 16
     Height 64
     RENDERSTYLE ADD
     ExplosionDamage 12
     ExplosionRadius 16
     +RIPPER
     States
     {
     Spawn:
          FIRE ABCDEFG 4 A_Explode
     Death:
          COML A 1
          Stop
     }
}

ACTOR GiestVileSummoner
{
     PROJECTILE
     Speed 14
     +RIPPER
     Damage 255
     States
     {
     Spawn:
          FIRE ABCDEFG 3
          GoTo Death
     Death:
          COML A 0 A_CustomMissile("DoomImp",0,0,0)
          Stop
     }
}
Okay, so it's an arch-vile except different. Oh well. :P

So... any opinions?

NOTE: Where the 'COML' sprite is used, it just means that that frame is invisible.

EDIT: If this is used, it might be wise to put a sound effect on the fire actor...

EDIT2: Hm... the GiestVileSummoner actor has some problems. And stuff.
Last edited by Giest118 on Tue Aug 24, 2004 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
farlowj

Post by farlowj »

What about ambient noise, like wind and slime and stuff? I didn't see it in the resource.
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

I really didn't want to do this... But couldn't help it.

Bwahaha! Who needs D3?
Let's share pics of I.P. maps!

Return to “Levels”