[Project] "Knee-Deep in ZDoom"

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Okay, here is the latest list of participants:

Code: Select all

WEEK1     WEEK2     WEEK3
E1M1    cccp_leha cccp_leha --------
E1M2    Tormentor --------  cccp_leha
E1M3    ellmo     ellmo    ellmo   
E1M4    Risen     Nightmare --------
E1M5    Nightmare --------  --------
E1M6    --------  cccp_leha Risen   
E1M7    --------  Tormentor Nightmare
E1M8    NMN       --------  Tormentor
E1M9    BioHazard NMN       --------
BTW, to talk about this "Talent" issue: The great thing is not just, that everyone working on this project is talented, it is also amazing to expierience how much you can learn while working with great teammates like you. And I have to admit, although I was already detail-addicted before I started this project, I learned a lot of different tricks and ways to improve the level of detail :) And if I would work on the "ZDoom Community Map Project" right now, it would have about 10 times more detail than it has now *laughs* ... just a bad joke ;)
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Oh, and just some thoughts mentioned between this discussion: I already start to think on new editing concepts for 2 more reworks, "The Shores of ZDoom" and not to forget "Zdoomferno" :) (or even "Thy ZDoom Consumed" and "ZDoom on Earth"??). If this episode is succesful, I will gather a team for the Episode 2 remake and also another way to edit the original maps and work on them (something very interesting, believe me), so just you have an idea, if another thread starts with my special [Project] prefix :)
Nmn
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Nmn »

Leet in the least. Now ... we still need some peeps to work on e1m7 and e1m6
I think we're going waaaay ahead buddy o_O_O_o
Let's clean up one mess, then we'll think about Zdoom Consumed (burp!)
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

...I'd like to know what id-software (the original one from '94) would say, when they see our work ... :)

@NMN . No, it's okay for now, every map has at least 2 persons working on, that's fine :)

@the mappers which map in week 2 for e1m6 and e1m7 : You can start in Week1 already

@the mappers which map in week 2 for maps which have no week 3 slot : You can continue work in week 3 if you are not finished!
ellmo

Post by ellmo »

Nmn wrote:
Risen wrote: NMN: I have a decent scanner, you can mail drawings to me and I'll send you scans.
:?
:laff: Did you really think about that reply, Risen?

@ Torm - thanks for your kind words. As to your shots, the first location you've shown could use some variants of STARTAN... like crossing with STARTAN3... Otherwise it looks very good. Especially the second one. Ceiling is fantastic.

Oh, and how many night-time maps do we have, except mine?
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

e1m8 and e1m3 are both at night.

AFAIK Biohazard made his e1m9 have a dark sky-either it's night or dawn.
NiGHTMARE

Post by NiGHTMARE »

Tormentor: no shots yet, will post some soon :).

BTW, here's the fixed SUPPORT2. Just copy the contents of the attached wad (i.e. PNAMES and TEXTURE1) into the resource wad.

nmn / ellmo: I assume Risen was taking about mail in it's original meaning - i.e. the thing you put in an envelope ;).
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

Single sketches from Poland to Kenya? o_O
I prefer to spare Risen and post offices trouble and get a scanner :)
But no more offtopicness..

I've got around e1m8..
Holy shit, the beginning is unbeatable. I know how the get around this.
What am I suppose to do with the cutscene? Leave it? Expand it? Modify?

Someone tell me WHICH boss are we using? :( I'm totally confused. Right now there's a knight and a.... brown knight.. oh yeah, Satyr.
How about we stick to good old barons? I'll modify the battle in such a manner You will be cracking Your hear to kill them, trust me.
We don't need no uber-super-duper-cool-mega whatever Barons. What we need is a good battle... hehehe :twisted:
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

@NMN - Just check the last 10 pages or so and you will find the "SUPER BARONS", made by ... err ... I forgot it but they are supposed to be placed there! And if you want, you can also modify the battle itself. And yes: You can modify and expand the cutscene (for example adding sth. dreamish to it, so it looks unreal).
Risen

Post by Risen »

M7 shows no sky (intentionally, please don't change this) so it could be at any time of day.
I will decide what works best for the intermission. I will probably use the dark sky since it comes right before M8.

I most certainly did think about my reply. He would physically mail them to me and I would electronically post the scans. Makes sense to me.

NMN: I don't live in Kenya, that was just a funny title if you've seen the comic. If you want to know where I live, plot my Location coordinates (WGS84). It's in New England, US. But it probably makes more sense for you to get a scanner if you want one anyway.

No doubt this will be the longest thread, we're almost there.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Post by Graf Zahl »

Risen wrote: No doubt this will be the longest thread, we're almost there.

2 to go...
Risen

Post by Risen »

Hey, isn't it about time we heard some music for this project?
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

longest thread evar! \o/

@mappers: try to show up in #NZDR when you can,we should get used to live communication, it would really be helpful to be able to ask a question and not have to wait hours or days to get an answer

we'd be happy to have you

IRC.OFTC.NET
#NOTZDoomRelated
Nmn

Post by Nmn »

Report on Ze1m8-

1. Added a new secret in the pipes in Tormentor's new area (south of map-where the switch that lower the blue key pedestal is) plus extended the pipes, removed teleporter, added ladders. The new secret contains hellish influence.

2.Dramatically changed final battle. Very hellish now. Added a whole new battle arena and 5 barons... :P no Uber-Barons.

3.Altered Gameplay a bit-removed demons by the lift-added chainsaw to make the beginning survivable if starting from a pistol.
Risen

Post by Risen »

M4 progress:
- Map is able to be completed from start to finish
- Many areas retextured, feels more like E1
- Added a map exit

All intended goals for this week completed. There are still areas to be improved but I have cleared all of the major bugs out of the way for the next (and final) mapper. Nightmare, you can clean up and detail wherever you see fit, (there are plenty of small areas that could use it) but your biggest task is to ensure good gameplay. You have the rest of the 3-week build time to do this.

I really want to get the intermission map underway and I want to have time with M6 so I'm going to pass this along now as I won't be working on it tomorrow or this weekend (too busy!)

NMN: Please do the intermission parts tomorrow and Saturday. I will want to start working on Sunday.

http://twicerisen.ath.cx/dropzone/r2w1e1m4.zip

Return to “Levels”