Doom The Way id Did: v1.1 Released!

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Enjay

Re: Doom The Way id Did: v1.1 Released!

Post by Enjay »

DTWID is really nice and the extra touches in this release raise it up even higher than it was already. Unfortunately, ATM, I'm restricted to relatively short playing sessions on easy due to a bad arm but these maps lend themselves to that any way.

I have to say that I'm not desperately interested in D2TWID though because I don't think the way Id did it was very good. :P
leileilol
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by leileilol »

Ah, I see I forgot to add -iwad doom.wad

Interesting, this wad is very playable on 486 40mhz w/ 4MB RAM and ISA video with low detail set
Gez

Post by Gez »

Just noticed that on the ENDOOM screen, MegaDoomer was credited as being the project's Brandon D Lade; in the same way that Hellbent was project manager or Kracov was artist. I am easily amused. =:)
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

leileilol wrote:Interesting, this wad is very playable on 486 40mhz w/ 4MB RAM and ISA video with low detail set
Hehe, cool. I've played the wad on my netbook running DOS but that's still not comparable to actual low-end hardware. I wonder if you'd be interested in giving D2TWID a run on it during testing at some point. ;)
Use3d

Post by Use3d »

Xaser wrote:
leileilol wrote:Interesting, this wad is very playable on 486 40mhz w/ 4MB RAM and ISA video with low detail set
I wonder if you'd be interested in giving D2TWID a run on it during testing at some point. ;)

Yeah that'd be really awesome, since I can't be bothered to get my 486 working.
Marnetmar

Post by Marnetmar »

Gez wrote:Just noticed that on the ENDOOM screen, MegaDoomer was credited as being the project's Brandon D Lade; in the same way that Hellbent was project manager or Kracov was artist. I am easily amused. =:)
That part was my fault :)
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

Quick bumpdate: The wad's on idgames now. It also includes a couple of slight fixes (quick bugfix on E3M9 and an edit to the ENDOOM -- sorry Marn :P ), hence the 'version bump' to v1.1a. Should be final now. ;)

Return to “Levels”