Doom The Way id Did: v1.1 Released!

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
lizardcommando

Re: Doom The Way id Did: Released!

Post by lizardcommando »

I've been playing through E1 and I've been enjoying it so far. Great work guys!
printz

Post by printz »

BlueFireZ88 wrote: Besides, what about "Thy Flesh Consumed"?
Thy Flesh Consumed is much, much easier to emulate without being given constraints. All you need is marble, wood, metal and orange sky. There are already popular wads which look like TFC (Crusades, pcorf's Death Tormention, some of Alien Vendetta...)
ChronoSeth

Post by ChronoSeth »

E3M2 seems like bits of several seemingly random maps in Inferno mashed together. Am I the only one bothered by this?

Besides that, I'm loving these maps. Episodes 1 and 3 are great; haven't played E2 yet.
CaptainToenail

Post by CaptainToenail »

Well, seeing as I've made 3 maps for episode 4 already, I hope so! :roll:
Xaser

Post by Xaser »

It's most definitely going to happen. Eventually. :P

Whoops, spoilers!
.+:icytux:+.

Post by .+:icytux:+. »

ChronoSeth wrote:E3M2 seems like bits of several seemingly random maps in Inferno mashed together. Am I the only one bothered by this?

Besides that, I'm loving these maps. Episodes 1 and 3 are great; haven't played E2 yet.
No, I hate the map. Its probably the most discussed map in the whole pack. There were people who loved it, and people who hated it. Either way, it was seen as a good enough map to be included in the pack unfortunately.
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

.+:icytux:+. wrote:
ChronoSeth wrote:E3M2 seems like bits of several seemingly random maps in Inferno mashed together. Am I the only one bothered by this?

No, I hate the map. Its probably the most discussed map in the whole pack. There were people who loved it, and people who hated it. Either way, it was seen as a good enough map to be included in the pack unfortunately.
This was a map I took issue with in the Alpha IIRC. It was still present (and broken too, which was new) in the Beta. For some reason it was popular enough to be altered a lot and fixed... but it's still not any good if you ask me. I suppose we'll have to accept that the project aim can be widely interpreted, so not everything will be to our tastes.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Already loving it! Awesome work, really great stuff!

By the way, this deserves a post-cacoward! Or at least one for 2012, an instant classic! :)
Big C

Post by Big C »

Oh God. I am loving this just for E2M8.
Spoiler:
bgraybr

Post by bgraybr »

OMG! I come back to the doom and this is finally released, awesome! Downloading when I get home.
krokots

Post by krokots »

I played it all on UV. I think i died twice in E2 and once in E3. Did not get stuck, nor find any major obstacles.
The final levels for E2 and E3 are even better imo, than original ones (but spider mastermind is still too easy, altho map layout is badass). Rest of the levels i like, but the E1 levels i LOVE. They are brilliant, kudos to the makers. I did not manage to find any secret levels at my playthrough, but i am not as patient as some doom players can be, haven't got much doom-sense, so maybe next time.
For maximum nostalgy - use only keyboard.

Also - Doom 2 The Way Id Did - make it happen :!: :!: someday
Nash

Post by Nash »

Doom 2 The Way id Did? You mean more crappy maps? :P
NeuralStunner

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by NeuralStunner »

Nash wrote:Doom 2 The Way id Did? You mean more crappy maps? :P
Yeah, Raven made MUCH better maps!

(I figure if they burn us both, they'll save a stake. :b )
Steve1664

Post by Steve1664 »

Halfway through E1, and so far this is a great replication of id's original style of map design - brisk, enjoyable, and free of those obnoxious "eff yous" that most mapmakers love so much. Hats off to the fine folks involved. Although I've been cruising through most of it. . . perhaps using Brutal starting with E2 is in order. . .
Devastator

Post by Devastator »

krokots wrote:Also - Doom 2 The Way Id Did - make it happen :!: :!: someday
& Don't forget Doom The Way Midway Did :wink:

Great maps in this wad. Beat it all in one night with Brutal Doom. Missed the two secret levels in E2 & E3 though.

Return to “Levels”