[WIP] "Hell on Earth"

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Pedro vc

Re: [WIP] "Hell on Earth"

Post by Pedro vc »

Haha, Metropol from Demons, years ago i made a map based on that movie :lol:
Anyway, screenshots looks amazing!
Mike12

Post by Mike12 »

Pedro vc wrote:Haha, Metropol from Demons, years ago i made a map based on that movie :lol:
Anyway, screenshots looks amazing!
Haha, indeed it is! And really? You'll have to upload that somewhere some time, I'd love to play it.

And thanks!
Xim

Post by Xim »

I'm liking the new screenshots, except for the inside of the movie theatre. Most movie theatres in doom mods don't really look that great mainly because they always use the stock doom textures which just plainly don't look good for making that sort of setting. I'd highly recommend using some different textures, even Duke 3D textures.
Mike12

Post by Mike12 »

Update: Sorry for the delay, but I just added some screenshots showing the new borders of the map. Looks a lot more natural than the wall I had before.
Conmon

Post by Conmon »

Hmm... something about that skybox. I think it would serve better as a sky defined in MAPINFO, since you can see the boxiness of it in the screenshots.
Mike12

Post by Mike12 »

Added a couple new screenshots showing off some *very* early progress on the inside of the UAC building.
Katamori

Post by Katamori »

Interesting!
ReX

Post by ReX »

Conmon wrote:Hmm... something about that skybox. I think it would serve better as a sky defined in MAPINFO, since you can see the boxiness of it in the screenshots.
Yes, the skybox looks obviously boxy and unrealistic. Have you defined it as a skybox in GLDEFS? (Even after being defined in GLDEFS there can be visual glitches, either because the texture "orientation" is incorrect, or if the underlying texture itself has "seams".)
Sergeant_Mark_IV
Location: United Communist Nazi Republic Dictactorship of Banana Land (Brazil)

Post by Sergeant_Mark_IV »

Mike, I have made some skyboxes for personal use some time ago. I can post it here if you want.

Mike12

Post by Mike12 »

Sergeant_Mark_IV wrote:Mike, I have made some skyboxes for personal use some time ago. I can post it here if you want.

Yeah, that's great! The only thing is that the sky texture would have to be a 64x64 flat, as to keep it compatible with Zdaemon and such (which is my intention)
Sergeant_Mark_IV
Location: United Communist Nazi Republic Dictactorship of Banana Land (Brazil)

Post by Sergeant_Mark_IV »

Owright. I will try using a black sky, and turning the red clouds into mid textures then.

Return to “Levels”