[WIP] The Shores of Zdoom

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Darsycho
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [WIP] The Shores of Zdoom

Post by Darsycho »

Ghastly_dragon wrote: ZDoom has software-mode 3d floors now.
Huh, cool.

Either way, the screenshots look fantastic. =D
Spoiler: EDIT: And I don't know how I missed this. :oops:
printz

Post by printz »

SamVision wrote:For the new weapon, how about that nonfunctional lazer rifle thing from KDIZD. Make it functional and have it act as a sniping weapon, would replace the BFG and use cells.
I didn't know KDiZD had dummied out content.
Vader

Post by Vader »

It was just an easteregg!

But yeah, making the laser as an actual weapon is one of the ideas that have been tossed around... we're still very uncertain about this whole issue and currently concentrating on mapping instead.
InsanityBringer

Post by InsanityBringer »

I'm ok with anything as long as you let me keep my plasma rifle this time around :P
Z86

Post by Z86 »

Well it was appropriate in E1 that there was no plasmagun, although i tihnk for E2 it is integral to the feeling, so it should be definitely in.

Also, will the KDiZD extra weapons make it? I really liked the rifle, the GL was good too, if not a bit overpowered (was capable of one-shotting Hell Warriors)
neoworm

Post by neoworm »

I would really like to see a good DooM styled laser weapon, but I dont think TSoZD is the best mod it should appear in. But maybe a flamethrower...
printz

Post by printz »

Z86 wrote: Also, will the KDiZD extra weapons make it? I really liked the rifle, the GL was good too, if not a bit overpowered (was capable of one-shotting Hell Warriors)
If the GL makes it in, I'd like it to have a more natural bouncing, not dangerous like in Doom 3, but nice enough like in MBF or Quake.

A flamethrower in a TSoH themed episode sounds great...
Sodaholic

Post by Sodaholic »

Just curious; what do you guys think of my version of the rifle?
Virtue

Post by Virtue »

Nail E2m7 and I will officially love you forever. thats my fave map of doom 1 :)
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

Please change E2M8 completely. Its called "Tower of Babel" but I never saw any tower on that level, it was very anti climatic imo.

And PLEASE, for the love of god don't do the double boss thing again. That was just painful.
printz

Post by printz »

SamVision wrote:but I never saw any tower on that level, it was very anti climatic imo.
IYO. I'm going to guess you're very alone in this matter.
And PLEASE, for the love of god don't do the double boss thing again. That was just painful.
I think that the more, the merrier, especially when they're not too many (two boss stages is OK I say).
wildweasel
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

I honestly liked the way KDIZD handled that, where you thought the two Bruisers were the actual boss but they actually weren't. The impact of only having the bruisers there would have been a bit lost, especially if the player had also been to Z1M10 where they appear as regular enemies.

Anyway, Z2M2 - please, please don't remove the crate mazes! They might be seen as cliche these days but that's the defining aspect of the original E2M2 to me (and I secretly love crate mazes).
SoulCrow

Post by SoulCrow »

Awesome, hope the work continues smoothly.
InsanityBringer

Post by InsanityBringer »

I've never understood why people complained about the E2M2 crate maze. For a maze, it's very easy to navigate, much more so than it's alpha counterpart.
Hellser
Global Moderator
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hellser »

InsanityBringer wrote:I've never understood why people complained about the E2M2 crate maze. For a maze, it's very easy to navigate, much more so than it's alpha counterpart.
I actually liked E2M2's 'crate maze'. I didn't even really considered it as a maze, but rather a headache to someone who can't make landmarks via corpses. :P

Return to “Levels”