First timer, new level, and a bit of help!

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Simon666

First timer, new level, and a bit of help!

Post by Simon666 »

Hello everyone, i recently finished a hell themed level for Doom2, it's currently available
at the doomworld archives:

http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?id=16448

Unfortunatly, it seem that one french Doomer that i know is getting crash when trying to play this map,
i'd like to know what could be the problem. assuming that there's any crash for any of you or course!
Enjoy the level!
ShadesMaster

Re: First timer, new level, and a bit of help!

Post by ShadesMaster »

Well, it's much much better than ID software's 'Nirvana' lol. This is a first map? Most impressive.

I won't even begin with architecture because it was just stunning! But difficulty... way too many monsters. Difficulty levels didn't seem implemented. But I did like your inclusion of 'Nightmare' versions of Imps, Demons, Cacos and Lost Souls. With some skill level modification (excluding monsters on lower skills) we have a sure winner.
Simon666

Post by Simon666 »

Thank you very much, i will have to keep improving myself, especially when it come down to monsters placement!
ChronoSeth

Post by ChronoSeth »

I love it. Of course, it could always be better. :wink:
I personally didn't find the amount of monsters extremely challenging.

- There seems to be a distinct lack of ammunition. Perhaps placing it based on enemies you're about to face rather than seemingly randomly around the map would be better. Also, giving the player ammunition for a weapon before they could possibly have it makes them feel like they missed something (I'm specifically talking about rockets here).
- The nightmare lost soul is overpowered. It's very difficult to hit, and it seems to do too much damage.
- Perhaps the nightmare cacodemon should be slowed down a little. Being a bit slower would still give the player an "oh shi*" (my reaction to the first one... :lol: ) feeling when they see it, but make it a bit more practical.
- Moving the berserk pack a bit earlier in the map might help the ammo problems.

Return to “Levels”