Winter's Fury

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: Winter's Fury: 1.2 Polish Update

Post by Captain J »

Hareton wrote:
Captain J wrote:or, you can less the number of quake values.
How is it done, in zdoom or in the wad?
if you're interested about wad modding and stuff, it's simple and easy;

open this wad with slade or slumped, and find the event ACTOR or ACS, and set it's quake value into smaller number...and i just tried to search where is it, but it was failed; complex and takes a lot's of times. sorry bout that. i hope Pyroscourge would find this easily.
Pyroscourge

Post by Pyroscourge »

This isn't a good way of solving the issue. For starters, Winter's Fury uses radius_quake over almost all levels, so it would be a tedious task to go through and find each one. Also that would only fix the problem for Winter's Fury, and not other mods.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

yeah, tedious and hard work indeed. but if hareton had really wanted to.
idGamer

Post by idGamer »

Well, after playing through MAP07B, I'd like to say that I don't think the timer was a good idea. Considering the fact that the level is very unique (and has a hard-to-find secret on it) forcing the player to finish it in about seven minutes feels a little harsh. Even though I never ran out of time, I beat the level with a minute to spare and had to leave behind a lot of ammo due to fear of running out of time.

Just my opinion, though. :)
NovaRain

Post by NovaRain »

When the timer is up you'll only get sent to exit. Seems it will disappear if you
Spoiler:
But I agree the timer makes me feel I'm forced to finish the level and find all secrets in a very limited time, and it takes me about dozen of times rushing through the level and searching secret spots.
Spoiler:
Hareton

Post by Hareton »

Pyroscourge wrote:This isn't a good way of solving the issue. For starters, Winter's Fury uses radius_quake over almost all levels, so it would be a tedious task to go through and find each one. Also that would only fix the problem for Winter's Fury, and not other mods.
I've edited a wad once and let's say I'm interested in editing weapons shake effect, especially in this mod: http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=25836 - I should search in scripts?
idGamer

Post by idGamer »

NovaRain wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
NovaRain

Post by NovaRain »

idGamer wrote:
Spoiler:
Some secrets got changed in 1.2.
Spoiler:
Patriot1776

Post by Patriot1776 »

Fat chance of me getting the secret BFG then. Maybe it was because the weapon mod I was screwing me over in no automatic reloading (GZDA Advanced Weapons), but the 'Void' where the secret BFG is located requires constant cheating for me to even get through. I hate using iddqd,so I was using 'resurrect' a crapload and I guess 'resurrect' breaks the timer.
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

otherwise, the times to dodge from two big-arse bosses needs to be nerfed IMO.
LegendaryFalco

Post by LegendaryFalco »

cant help but notice there is a hidden nightmare mode in this mod. its even in 1.1 so im surprised i never found it until now
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

that was intensional, i think. because that difficulty is hardest also merciless. and it was need to be makes everything hard; either selecting it. and russian overkill and quake did it too.
LostSkull

Post by LostSkull »

Spoiler: I found something! :o
Care to inform me what this is, or more likely, WHO it is, Pyroscourge? :3
Ed the Bat
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Ed the Bat »

Oh dear. Just noticed a bug in my revised version, regarding the animations for raising weapons. I've gone and fixed it and reuploaded to the same location as before. Sorry about that.
visionthing

Post by visionthing »

Just wanna say this really really good! So atmospheric and the action is still there too... I've had a couple of minor bugs but I think I'm playing 1.1....anyway, I haven't had this much fun playing Doom in years, not since I first played the likes of Dark7, Alien Vendetta, or Scythe 2. Well done!

Return to “Levels”