Global Death Ruins of Humanity-----FINISHED---Try It Out!!

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

NOTE: This forum, and all forums below it, are NOT for questions or troubleshooting! Threads here are for active projects only! Please use the Editing subforums or General for questions.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: Global Death Ruins of Humanity-----FINISHED---Try It Out

Postby Unholypimpin » Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:01 pm

adding you to the final credits djiel. Thanks for taking the time to give me some feedback =]
Unholypimpin
The GutterGhost is coming over for dinner, are you prepared?

Postby Caleb13 » Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:10 pm

There are 5 "scrap" maps in the WAD and some of them seem to be completely unrelated to the "official" maps. Are they some sort of precursor (or sneak peek) to "on the other side of the portal" maps, which you plan to make in the future?

Oh, and I have one technical question: in map GD01, there are two exits - one is triggered by a thing (player has to jump into a hole) and the other by using a linedef. But I don't understand how you define to which maps those exits should lead. How did you define that the hole exit should lead to GD03 and the linedef (secret) exit to GD02?
Caleb13
Death will not be your end; your soul will burn in Hell forever!

Postby Unholypimpin » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:07 pm

Caleb13 wrote:There are 5 "scrap" maps in the WAD and some of them seem to be completely unrelated to the "official" maps. Are they some sort of precursor (or sneak peek) to "on the other side of the portal" maps, which you plan to make in the future?

Oh, and I have one technical question: in map GD01, there are two exits - one is triggered by a thing (player has to jump into a hole) and the other by using a linedef. But I don't understand how you define to which maps those exits should lead. How did you define that the hole exit should lead to GD03 and the linedef (secret) exit to GD02?

One uses Secret exit other uses normal exit, you can attach linedef actions to sector action things. I used sector action on floor hit and attached an exit action to it.

As for the scrapped maps, i left them in as an Easter egg to anyone that looks at the wad through a lump editor. Their maps i nolonger wanted to use for various reasons, however i didnt have the heart to delete those maps considering how long it took to map them all. Some of them might make it into the sequel though.
Unholypimpin

Postby Caleb13 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:48 am

Still can't figure out how you defined that the normal exit should lead to GD03. Is it done by some script? If so, I can't see it in Doom Builder...

Anyway, in case anyone was interested, here is a simple digram of how the maps are connected with each other:
Spoiler:

I think I didn't miss anything. So to visit all the maps without cheating, only 2 play-throughs are necessary.

Also, this WAD contains BFG9000 replacement, it is a modified superweapon from Stronghold. But I couldn't find it in the maps, only via cheats. Is there a way to obtain this weapon without cheating?
Caleb13
Death will not be your end; your soul will burn in Hell forever!

Postby Unholypimpin » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:53 pm

Which doom builder are you using? and are you using zdoom in hexen format? Heres what you do caleb13 to add actions to sector action things.
Right Click on your sector action actor hits floor, and then when your in the options menu click on the action tab. Once your in the action tab just click the action end-normal. Now whenever you hit the floor you will end the map, please note that only that sector will do that so if you want multiple sectors to do so you must put that thing in multiple adjacent sectors.

Originally this project was suppose to be alot bigger with even more maps and multiple paths , but I realized with multiple paths the amount of maps you could play in 1 playthrough wouldnt be alot. Atm each playthrough you only get to play 8 maps, which is the length of a doom1 episode. It would require alot of work for 1 person to create enough maps with multiple paths to get atleast a 15 map per playthough wad.

As for the bfg replacement i was gonna make it obtainable through pieces that you find in secrets. Once you collected like 5 pieces you could make this super weapon. It will however be used in the sequel I planned.
Unholypimpin

Postby Djiel » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:20 pm

AlwaysDoomed wrote:adding you to the final credits djiel. Thanks for taking the time to give me some feedback =]

You're welcome! :) Hope to see more of this stuff.
Djiel

Postby WhoDaMan » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:38 pm

Oh cool. Did you change anything from this version and the one you released back in September?
WhoDaMan

Postby Unholypimpin » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:28 pm

probably i forget what i put in and changed from the last one.
Unholypimpin

Postby Zombieguy » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:23 pm

There are missing textures.
Zombieguy

Postby Unholypimpin » Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:18 pm

Zombieguy wrote:There are missing textures.

Could you tell me where? and what doom port your using?
Unholypimpin

Postby Zombieguy » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:30 pm

Using GZDoom 1.6.0 (r1454) on Ultimate Doom. This happens on the first map at the very beginning.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Zombieguy

Postby Unholypimpin » Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:28 pm

The problem is your using ultimate doom, you gotta use doom2 because of textures.
Unholypimpin

Postby Steve1664 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:58 am

Very impressive work so far; I like the various new enemies and tweaked weaponry. It would be nice if you included a readme file, though, just to let everybody know about elements like the items (the homing beacon sending in reinforcements to the area, for example) and weapons (I had no idea you start with a chainsaw as a melee weapon!).
Steve1664

Postby PFL » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:32 pm

One map to go [11].

I love: the new enemies; your "idclip" ghosts are most welcome in Doom. The tweaked weaponry, again, like Steve and many others; the alt-shotgun is very effective. I think there is a good balance between fun and difficulty. Loved the healthy Spider.

I would prefer : less ammo since I had full armory almost all of the time from the mid game. I would have prefer a gameplay that would not skip some maps. As much as I felt it's originality, warping to map 3 from the first with no possible backtrack made me cheat. :-( and on some other occasions). Many bosses (Barons Of FIre & MancuWar) on their respective levels I couldn't fight because they were dead in infighting before I could get in the action (was hiding), once with a more reasonable ratio. I suggest less infighting if we want a chance to meet.

I didn't like : the plasma and the rocket guns. The first I never used because I had enough ammo of everything else and very few plasma refill, the second, because of it's general weakness; damn, the alt-shotgun does MORE dammage than a single big blowing rocket ! I also didn't like to end the fun after 12 levels :-)

I think that's it. GREAT GREAT for me.
PFL

Previous

Return to Levels