Global Death Ruins of Humanity-----FINISHED---Try It Out!!

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Unholypimpin

Re: (WIP) GlobalDeath(NEED TESTERS)

Post by Unholypimpin »

KILLER2 wrote:Well,mostly give the wad a spin.But I can post feedback if you want.
I would love feedback on the maps, every little bit helps make the wad better and more polished for the final release!! Hope you enjoy the maps so far.
KILLER2

Re: (WIP) GlobalDeath(NEED TESTERS)

Post by KILLER2 »

I found a bug in the first map.This wad seems to allow jumping (or so it seems).You can jump through the windows in the yellow key room,getting stuck.
EDIT:Also,it seems you can skip level 2 if you take the alternate exit.You really want people skipping your levels?
Unholypimpin

Re: (WIP) GlobalDeath(gameplay video on page1)

Post by Unholypimpin »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_lLRNue ... er&list=UL
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DR2rHjIHA3Q

heres 2 new gameplay videos of how map01 can go to 2 differant maps. Each video is showing map01 going to a differant map

many maps will progress similar to this.
Unholypimpin

Re: (WIP) GlobalDeath(gameplay video on page1)

Post by Unholypimpin »

Huge Bump!!!

This project is not dead, infact there is a 11 map beta that i just released today!!

heres the beta link
http://www.mediafire.com/?ustgb7uj4yoyjtc

PLEASE NOTE THAT MOST OF THE STUFF ON THE FIRST POST IS OUT OF DATE. I WILL BE UPDATING IT VERY SOON TO REFLECT THE CHANGES.
Zombieguy

Re: (WIP) GlobalDeath Episode 1 complete! beta available!!!

Post by Zombieguy »

So, is this a megaWAD? I will try and play it when I get back.
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

Its like doom1, there are different episodes and each episode starts from pistol start. You cannot play all the maps in 1 playthrough, so if you want to see every map you gotta play multiple times. There is also two final maps.
Ravick

Post by Ravick »

I haven't seem this before.
Nice! :D
I specially like this ss:
Spoiler:
WhoDaMan

Post by WhoDaMan »

Just reporting on map2 after killing the imps in the red key room then getting the key I got locked in. I had to noclip out.
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

Ah your suppose to actually battle the imps once you get the red key and then when they die the floor lowers. I guess i need to put the script on the red key itself so people cant accidentally kill the imps before getting the key, which will result in the player being trapped.

Thank you for your feedback man! I have already corrected the problem.

Anyone else find any bugs or gameplay balance problems?
WhoDaMan

Post by WhoDaMan »

Ah ok cool. I figured thats what it was. Anyways I didn't really find any other bugs. The only other thing is that i got through Map 1 ok but Map 2 seemed pretty hard even for normal mode witch is what I was playing on. After Map 2 I just put the old IDDQD on because I wanted to see the rest of the maps.

I liked the later maps better then the earlier maps. I really liked Unholy Conversion and The Warehouse. On an off note I found your little easteregg on The Warehouse and thought that was pretty cool lol. The Boss fight on Urban Corruption was pretty interesting too. By the way is he the only boss at the end of episode one? I saw an earlier post saying there are multiple end game bosses and was wandering if you did that to the end of episodes.

Anyways about the difficulty thing, mabey I just gave up too soon. I'll try it again later. The maps look good too so nice job.
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

There is actually 2 boss maps. You can only go to 1 boss map each time you play. The Beginning maps are suppose to be the least corrupted and interesting on purpose, Each map builds up to the point that earth really has become corrupted. I love the final maps too, but my favorite is still Ancient Tomb.

On an off note I will add that I will be adding a new episode that contains all the scrapped maps.
WhoDaMan

Post by WhoDaMan »

I don't think I played Ancient Tomb. I think I went to Blood Chasm instead.
Unholypimpin

Re: Global Death Ruins of Humanity-----FINISHED---Try It Out

Post by Unholypimpin »

THIS PROJECT IS FINALLY FINISHED!!!

LINK HERE http://www.mediafire.com/?e0800hq6e43036b

Please note I will be uploading this wad to idgames in a few days so if your hurry and test this wad out and give me feedback I will put your name into the final credits that show up once you beat all the maps.
Djiel

Post by Djiel »

Just finished 1 playthrough, good stuff. I like the idea of allowing multiple paths and also the idea of things getting more 'corrupted' the further you go.
I played on the hard difficulty and found it to be challenging (monster damage is high) but generally fair.

over here, an imp (maybe 2) were stuck.
Spoiler:
and here, the texture alignment seemed pretty weird to me.
Spoiler:
Otherwise for feedback, I'd recommend checking the doors, there is quite some inconsistency in terms of them being unpegged or not.
Also, there were a few typos in the texts; vary -> assumed this needed to be very - and dieing -> dying.

Anyway, good stuff. Will play it again for the other path :)
Darsycho
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Darsycho »

Here's a updated version I did.

http://www.mediafire.com/?si0axxvt93vonao

Changes:
Fixed up the music.
Marine beacon inventory icon misalignment fixed.
Changed "The_afrit" to jack101 in credits.

Return to “Levels”