Global Death Ruins of Humanity-----FINISHED---Try It Out!!

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Unholypimpin

Global Death Ruins of Humanity-----FINISHED---Try It Out!!

Post by Unholypimpin »

=============================================

This wad will have alternate endings per episode and some maps will have 2 exits leading to 2 totally differant maps.
heres an example of such a map.
Spoiler:
===========================================

THIS PROJECT IS FINALLY FINISHED!!!

Heres the link http://www.mediafire.com/?e0800hq6e43036b

Please note I will be uploading this wad to idgames in a few days so if your hurry and test this wad out and give me feedback I will put your name into the final credits that show up once you beat all the maps.

so far i have 12 maps done . heres how the maps will progress so far.
Spoiler:
======================================================================================

and now for the screenshots
Spoiler:
=====================================================================================
there will be a few new weapons and new enemies also.
===============================================
if anyone would like to be a tester for this project or would like to help in another way please let me know.
=========================================================================================
mappers and contributers
========================
-ALwaysdoomed-----project manager/mapper/tester
-Jack101------------Tester/project balancer sound and music guy
-merlin86-------------Tester
-Chronoseth----------Tester
-H3llraich ------------Tester
-FuzzballFox----------Tester
=========================
Last edited by Unholypimpin on Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:13 pm, edited 21 times in total.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: Global Death 2

Post by wildweasel »

This actually doesn't look too bad. I encourage you to keep it up.
.+:icytux:+.

Post by .+:icytux:+. »

Yes i sort of like the clean looks of it, except the white fog. I dont really recommend having fog at all, but its your call. also the red on the floor in the last shot is a little questionable too... If its supposed to be blood you should set your textures on the walls to have like bloodstains on the bottom. right now it looks like a red ugly carpet.

otherwise, cool.
Grymmoire
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Grymmoire »

wildweasel wrote:This actually doesn't look too bad. I encourage you to keep it up.
Pretty much exactly what I was gonna say. It almost looks like it has a classic feel to it. Good to see that there are still new mappers out there who are interested in improving.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Just tried it, the mod seems decent and relatively fun to play. map layout is good. I love the large open areas. The only complains I have in general is the texture misalignment and the conflicting texture colors, and the noisy weapon rips. There also seems to be a giant HOM when you look straight up at the sky. Not really sure what's causing it.
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

thanks for the feedback everyone.

for those who havnt tried out my original wad i shall give you some screenshots on how i improved on it.
Spoiler:
the picture on the left is the remake

now heres a look at how map01 has been remade. (the one on the top is the original, the bottom picture is the remake)
Spoiler:
the top map exit on the remake leads to the map blood chasm(new map), the bottom one leads to the map Ancient Tomb(map02 remake)

I have never been good at texturing, so if anything sees weird texturing in any of the remake screenshots please let me know.

scattered throughout maps will be pockets of friendly marines that have survived the demon assault. most friendly marines are found in secrets and wont be useful to you unless you find the secret their hiding in. friendly marines randomly spawn with a differant weapon, the weapons they can have are chainguns shotguns and plasmaguns(plasma marines being the most rare). friendly marines can prove to be very useful in this wad, however they have slightly more health than demons and have a medium to high pain chance so protecting marines you find is important if you want them to survive. when they die they can drop some useful items(not guns or powerups).

the friendly marines wont be overpowered like the ones in my original wad though, so you must protect them.
merlin86
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11 Pro
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by merlin86 »

Hi. If you want I could test your wad for bugs, etc... . Just send me a PM if you're interested.
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

added to the list of contributers! thanks for helping test merlin86
merlin86
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11 Pro
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by merlin86 »

no problem :) btw will you use decorate and/or acs scripting?
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

yes there will be decorate and acs scripting. most acs scripting will be for traps, monster death events and whenever you open a secret with friendly marines a diolog box will pop up with the marines face saying messages like "Thankyou for saving us, now lets go save our planet"

there will be some custom weapons and monsters just like in my original, but not cheesy or unbalanced.
koverhbarc

Post by koverhbarc »

Eriance wrote:There also seems to be a giant HOM when you look straight up at the sky. Not really sure what's causing it.
I think this was designed for the software renderer. I don't know how GL is supposed to handle regular sky textures without giving HOM though ...
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

koverhbarc wrote: I think this was designed for the software renderer. I don't know how GL is supposed to handle regular sky textures without giving HOM though ...
You are correct. Back then i was new to doom mapping, but i learned quite fast. Though originally Global Death was just a wad i made that took all of what i learned and applyed it.

I actually liked the wad i made eventhough i look at it now and say to myself "what was i thinking? god i actually made maps like this?". Even a few friends of mine enjoy playing this once in a while.

Because of this i desided i wanted to remake my first wad ever and make it better.
.+:icytux:+.

Re: (WIP) Global Death 2

Post by .+:icytux:+. »

looking at your old DB shot and your new one. I like the old one because of the interesting shapes, a lot of people tend to make everything square and therefore manages to make stuff a little booring. I'd say keep the cool angular stuff you had in the first one.
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

@icytux i shall try to make more angled sectors, eventhough square looks more neat and tidy. the major upside to square is flat alignment(too bad you cant adjust flats like you can walls)

thankyou for the feedback

I'm still looking for more testers for this wad. I need people that can give good feedback on mapping , texturing , difficulty and monster and item placement.
ChronoSeth

Post by ChronoSeth »

I'm able to do some testing if you want. I could use a break from C&C...

Return to “Levels”