(released) Alkylation - Episode 1

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
BouncyTEM
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support
Location: 2280 Lol Street: The Calamitous Carnival (formerly Senators Prison)

Re: (released) Alkylation - Episode 1

Post by BouncyTEM »

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3238714/alk-plasma.pk3

A tweak. Changes the plasma shotgun a little <to hopefully make it more useful> and gives slightly adjusted difficulties. Easier ones have simpler monsters for the most part. :p
UltimateLorenzo

Post by UltimateLorenzo »

Bouncy wrote:http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3238714/alk-plasma.pk3

A tweak. Changes the plasma shotgun a little <to hopefully make it more useful> and gives slightly adjusted difficulties. Easier ones have simpler monsters for the most part. :p
Nice... the new plasma shotgun works very well. I'll check the other adjustments you did to the difficulties.

L.
UltimateLorenzo

Hi!

here is an updated version:

http://www.mediafire.com/?lbkf0bc6nihrh24

Changes:
* auto-reload for plasma shotgun: now you can use it like the original dbs (thanks to bouncy)
* enemies fireballs are now slower
* some enemies are weaker

What do you think?
Steve1664

Post by Steve1664 »

I'm up to Map 4 so far, and while I think the map design is great, some of the enemies are still pains in the behind to deal with considering how much of a punch they pack, especially the chaingunners and Cacos. Might wanna tone down some of their attack power a bit; that part in Map 3 where you get the yellow key took a lot of tries for me because of the heavily damaging fire coming from all sides. Other than that it's a nicely done map set.
UltimateLorenzo

Did you play the first version (the one in the id archives) or the updated one?

I still hope someone can give me a comment on the updated version, which I hope is more playable...
kmxexii

Post by kmxexii »

Played the version on idgames (update here is unavailable). It's got kind of a STRAIN / Dystopia 3 feel with the beefier monsters and very nice texturing theme. Looking forward to future episodes to see where you introduce more enemy replacements. I think the marine feels underpowered, especially vs. the zombiemen, so that it emphasizes cover vs. the typical dodge-style gameplay. Furthermore, most of the monsters feel like bullet sponges. In this atmosphere I'm not sure I even want the SSG back as there aren't a lot of enemies I feel comfortable skirmishing with. I would like the ability to pop around a corner and slay the new chaingunner dead, though. I don't mind the faster / deadlier projectiles, but the Cyber Baron is a total terror that soaks up rockets, probably because he is blast-immune. I like the Nailgun, though I think the ammo cap is too low. I also agree that the plasma shotgun feels underwhelming. I have no idea what I would replace it with, though. And the rocket trooper is a nice cameo.

Return to “Levels”