[WIP] - HeXen : Dawn of Chaos - Short demo released!

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
neoworm

Re: [WIP] - HeXen : Dawn of Chaos - Short demo released!

Post by neoworm »

That tiny level preview is awesome.

Hellrose from Bestiary was made by me and its horrible. I want to remake it for HPack. I will probably post updated code into bestiary too since actual Hellrose is almost unusable.
lukas

Post by lukas »

The Hellrose wasn't too bad for me. Of course an updated version would be nice - but this one isn't unusable.
You just have to kill it before it makes brambles. With mage snipe at it with wand. With fighter run up to it and punch it to death. With cleric place a flechette or 2 next to it and run away.
Gez

Post by Gez »

How about some actual, honest-to-goodness, unprocessed, straight-from-the-engine screenshots? Without the light effects and super-imposed logo?
neoworm

Post by neoworm »

Gez wrote:How about some actual, honest-to-goodness, unprocessed, straight-from-the-engine screenshots? Without the light effects and super-imposed logo?
It looks as imressive as the photoshopped ones. Its really good work, believe me.
ShadesMaster

Post by ShadesMaster »

You COULD have HeXenHanced used in this thing, but I can't get it working with the latest version of GZdooM.

HeXenHanced I mean - your mid I loaded and what little level there was, it was good.
wolf00

Post by wolf00 »

neoworm wrote:That tiny level preview is awesome.

Hellrose from Bestiary was made by me and its horrible. I want to remake it for HPack. I will probably post updated code into bestiary too since actual Hellrose is almost unusable.
hellrose: you mean these green snakes birth from green egs ?
Gez

Post by Gez »

neoworm wrote:Hellrose from Bestiary was made by me and its horrible. I want to remake it for HPack.
Currently, HPack uses different code, since I have rewritten it using the PodGenerator as a base. (I got tired of having a single rose spawn endless thousands of tentacle roots.)
RaVeN-05

Post by RaVeN-05 »

Looks really good =)
lukas

Post by lukas »

Okay thanks everyone for playing the demo :)
I've done more progress but won't be releasing another demo until the whole of MAP01 is done.

Return to “Levels”