Hexen : Curse of the demon lord. (A spiritual sequel)

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Kristus

Hexen : Curse of the demon lord. (A spiritual sequel)

Post by Kristus »

------------------

Map01

Map03

This is a thread for my Hexen wad that is to be a spiritual sequel to Curse of d'sparil.

Check out the thread on DW for more information:
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/4 ... -a-sequel/

Map status:
Map01: 98%
Map02: 98%
Map03: 98%
Map04: 30%
Map05: 30%
Map06: 30%
Map07: 20%
Map08: 0%

That's it for now.
Last edited by Kristus on Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:20 am, edited 5 times in total.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: Hexen : Curse of the lost gods. Looking for Zdoom help.

Post by Graf Zahl »

I have gotten level stats to work in Hexen for other mods without problems. It's probably just a small oversight. Can you PM me the project so that I can have a look at what's going on
Kristus

Post by Kristus »

Well. I didn't actually get anywhere with it. I tried a few things and compared mapinfo lumps between heretic, hexen and Doom2. One test I did was to run it with the Doom2 mapinfo lump. And while I got it to run with it, I didn't get any stats or intermission going from one level to another. Which made me wonder if I had to do something more than just fiddle with the mapinfo. Maybe the linetriggers moving you from one level to the next makes it skip it? But since you're saying it's easy. I'm thinking that I just suck a lot. :p
EDIT: The only thing I've spotted that seem to have to do with stats screens is this line "intermissioncounter = true"
EDIT2: Which I now learned that it's simply whether the numbers should count up to the stat or not... finding info on the Wiki, I've not really managed to find anything other than a few script capabilities in Zdoom to give the stats while still in the map.

EDIT3: I think I may have found what is necessary. ... maybe
I found this, ( http://zdoom.org/wiki/Intermission_script ) but I can't find anything like it in the Zdoom.pk3 resources.
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

There's a few things to look out for. Most importantly, you may not define your levels as part of a hub. But as I said, if you can't get it to work let me have a look.
Kristus wrote: EDIT3: I think I may have found what is necessary. ... maybe
I found this, ( http://zdoom.org/wiki/Intermission_script ) but I can't find anything like it in the Zdoom.pk3 resources.

No, that's just for the animated intermission screens of Doom 1.
Kristus

Post by Kristus »

I don't THINK the maps are set up as hubs. At least they are all in separate clusters so I get intermission text between each one. But even yet, when I tried with the Doom2 mapinfo. I shouldn't have gotten hubs anyway...

Anyway. I can't seem to figure this out so I am sending you a PM with the download URL. Thanks for taking your time.
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

First, use full map names. Having it work with map numbers instead of map names is an accident and not really supported.
So instead of 'Map 30 "blabla"' use 'Map MAP30 "blabla"'.

The main problem is that you need to reset Hexen's gamedefaults so that they don't contain the 'nointermission'. Just add this at the top of your MAPINFO:

Code: Select all

gamedefaults
{
	activateowndeathspecials
	infiniteflightpowerup
	fallingdamage
	noautosequences
	missilesactivateimpactlines
	monsterfallingdamage
}
That will set everything that's a Hexen default except the no intermission thing.
Kristus

Post by Kristus »

Graf Zahl wrote:First, use full map names. Having it work with map numbers instead of map names is an accident and not really supported.
Done, but that was how the Mapinfoconverter did it, so I have really no part in that. :p
Graf Zahl wrote:Just add this at the top of your MAPINFO:
Thanks. it's working now. :)
Graf Zahl

Post by Graf Zahl »

Kristus wrote:
Graf Zahl wrote:First, use full map names. Having it work with map numbers instead of map names is an accident and not really supported.
Done, but that was how the Mapinfoconverter did it, so I have really no part in that. :p

It converted something it wasn't supposed to convert. :P :P
Kristus

Post by Kristus »

Ah, that explains it. ;)
Kristus

Re: Hexen : Curse of the demon god. Looking for Zdoom help.

Post by Kristus »

Hi boys and girls. Long time no see.

This project has been changed since my last posts. It's now only for Zdoom and compatible ports. (Partially because it's less of a hassle for me, but mostly because it won't run well with any of the other Hexen supported ports anyway).

Anyway. I am looking to add two new enemies to the roster. But I am looking for sprites. I know there are a ton of good Hexen style spritesheets out there. But most image sheet links are dead and I wonder if anyone got any to share.

I've looked at Demon Eclipse, which got a Heresiarch mod called the Avatar. Which is decent. But not much more than a recolor. I want the sprites to really fit into the canon. But not be simple mods either.

One demon is regal, and will fill a role similar to the Arch Vile in Doom. This is a key monster that I feel is missing in Hexen, (and Heretic) that would help a lot with organising the game play.

Second is a monster based off of the Medusa from Hexen 2. I have the monster found in a Hexen 2 for Hexen convo pack I found. But the sprites are pretty awful so I am looking to replace them. But the monster itself I feel would be a welcome addition to the roster.

Anyway. If anyone could help by posting links to sprites. I would appreciate it.
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

I take it you havnt checked or wanted to use monsters from realm667? There are some pretty good hexen monster sprites there.
Kristus

Post by Kristus »

That page won't load for me. It's dead in the water it seem.
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

I have a few on my computer from that site if you want em.
Kristus

Post by Kristus »

That would be helpful. If you don't got a place to upload them, perhaps you can just mail them to me at kristustf -at- gmail.com
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

You wouldnt happen to have skype or anything like that? because I would have to do some digging around for this stuff and also this project looks pretty cool. You looking for someone to contribute maps for this or are you just doing this alone?

Return to “Levels”