[Release 1.3] Unloved (GZdoom mapset)

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Megamur

Re: [Release 1.3] Unloved (GZdoom mapset)

Post by Megamur »

Okay, I'm absolutely loving this mapset. It's fraught with tension and dripping with atmosphere. It's incredibly dark, almost DOOM³ dark, especially when the Sector Light Mode is set to "DOOM" in GZDoom's options. In fact, I'm almost wondering if the game wasn't intended to be played this way, since it's almost impossible to see in some areas. But that just makes it even scarier, and makes it feel more realistic. I mean, if you're in a cramped, dungeon-like room with no outside light sources whatsoever, and the only lighting is some candles on the ground, it's going to be really freaking dark in there!

But I digress. As much fun as I'm having with this mapset (seriously, I am. Creepy levelsets are too hard to come by these days. DOOM has so much potential beyond just a lot of blazing gunfire and monster spam, and so few people seem to realize it), I'm also hopelessly stuck and entirely unable to obtain the blue skull key.
Spoiler:
Any help? Even a clue would be nice, if you don't want to outright give the answer. I'm hoping I didn't mess up a script by doing things out of order or something. Considering that I beat the whole of Eternal Doom without any outside assistance, this is embarrassing! :)

Thank you!
Zaratul

Post by Zaratul »

I got stuck too.
Spoiler:
Megamur

Post by Megamur »

Anybody? Obviously, people have beaten this mapset before, so it must be possible to get the blue skull key.
BlueEagle

Post by BlueEagle »

Hey there and glad to see you like my mapset :)

There have to be done two tasks before the blue skullkey is available.

1) Go to the Basement's Basement and find the red skull door. Go through and finish the area. In the end you have to step into the light, which will seal the area off (Megamur has done that ovbiously).

2) Go to the Halls Below and find the yellow skull door. Go through and finish the area too. In the end, you have to activate a switch that will bring you back to the "normal" world and open the bars up in the attic to reveal the blue skull key.

Hope you will like the rest of the mapset :)
Cyanosis

Post by Cyanosis »

Some things seemed confusing at first but before you could come up with an out-of-this-world solution everything immediately made perfect sense through some kind of clue, and even then you just had to check the map and see what places you haven't visited yet, making problem solving a cakewalk. At least for me. Here's to Unloved II being more difficult in that department.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

Because tis is bumped now, I might aswell post that I'm slso stuck in this mod. I have the red and yellow keycards, but have no idea what to do with them now.
Megamur

Post by Megamur »

Oh, for Pete's sake.
Spoiler:
I can't believe I missed that. Ack. Well, thank you very much for the assistance, Blue Eagle. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of this fantastic mapset! :)
Viscra Maelstrom

Anyone? :( I'm completely stumped.
Cyanosis

Post by Cyanosis »

Locate the yellow/red doors? And just a note there is no way to screw up the game by doing anything out of order, there's some non-linearity (go to this world first instead of the other one) but otherwise it's a set path and no world will seal itself off until you have completed everything that is in that world.

On topic:
Spoiler:
Viscra Maelstrom

Thing is, I can't FIND ANY YELLOW/RED DOORS. All I find is skull doors, no card doors. Okay, I did find a yellow door in the The Halls Below and a red one in Living Room, but there isn't anything there I can use!
BlueEagle

Post by BlueEagle »

Go in your house down the stairs and into the room on your left. There is another door in that room that leads outside to your back yard. In the back yard is a grave where you can fall down.

After you have all three keys, you can progress through the maps you have already checked and find the alternate routes leading to the skull keys.
perfectpitchrob

Post by perfectpitchrob »

I'm doing a replay of this and I still haven't figured out how to obtain the soul sphere in map 3. Anyone know how do obtain it?
Viscra Maelstrom

If you mean the one in The Halls Below, there's a secret switch behind a panel in the room where you get the yellow card.
perfectpitchrob

Post by perfectpitchrob »

Thanks!
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

Fuckin' love this one! Them chainsaw men was a nice touch

Return to “Levels”