[Release 1.3] Unloved (GZdoom mapset)

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Marnetmar

Re: [Release 1.3] Unloved (GZdoom mapset)

Post by Marnetmar »

Ghostbreed wrote:Fuckin' love this one! Them chainsaw men was a nice touch
:|
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

Marnetmar wrote:
Ghostbreed wrote:Fuckin' love this one! Them chainsaw men was a nice touch
:|
I'm sorry, what?
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

you just bumped a 3 year old thread :/

p.s.

this mod is awesome, there supposedly was supposed to be a unloved 2
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

Oh snap! Sorry...
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

doomer1 wrote:this mod is awesome, there supposedly was supposed to be a unloved 2
there supposedly was, but supposedly the author supposedly vanished into supposedliness, i suppose.
:p
as a side-note, i never completed this mod. Hexen-style puzzle hubs are still my greatest weakness.
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

the author supposedly vanished into supposedliness, i suppose.
After a fight on the Doomworld forums, he got into indie games.
I sincerely doubt Unloved 2 will be finished.
Ctrl+Alt+Destroy

Post by Ctrl+Alt+Destroy »

Why haven't I heard of this before? :\
Gothic

Post by Gothic »

TerminusEst13 wrote:After a fight on the Doomworld forums, he got into indie games.
Man, that sucks :| , I really wanted to play Unloved 2 finished
Big C

Post by Big C »

TerminusEst13 wrote:
the author supposedly vanished into supposedliness, i suppose.
After a fight on the Doomworld forums, he got into indie games.
Wh-wh-wha? What happened?
Vicarious

Post by Vicarious »

The author's been busy with his Super Panda Adventures which is now released. Unloved II is not cancelled but on hold (as you can see on his official site). It is, however, unknown whether it's gonna be finished or not. Maybe now with the Panda game completed he will dedicate some time to it, who knows.
Viscra Maelstrom

Post by Viscra Maelstrom »

what i find weird is that he lists the project as being On Hold, and that he got a Cacoward for Unloved, yet he offers no downloads for the original Unloved anywhere on the site. i mean yes, it's on idgames, but i still find it kind of weird.
Ghostbreed

Post by Ghostbreed »

Yeah, he could at least put a link to idgames...
Crudux Cruo

Post by Crudux Cruo »

Blue made an unreal engine 4 game from this concept. here's my review. This game is pretty awesome. heres more from a post on the steam forums for more info on the origins of unloved

UNLOVED Origins: the mod for Doom2
Since the day I first played Doom2 as a young teenager, it is hands down my favorite game of all time. In 2010, about the time when I was nearing the completion of creating my game GunGirl2[www.gungirl2.com], I was getting overwhelmed by the idea to make a very dark, horror themed mapset for Doom2. The urge to do something different for a while was so strong, that I downloaded the map editor DoomBuilder2 and tested the water.

I've already made a lot of maps for Doom2 before, but I never released any of them since I felt the quality was not good enough.

When I started with the mapset, it quickly began to take shape and I was drawn into this twisted reality, started to listen to dark ambience music and couldn't stop working on it until late into the night. Unloved was born.

When I released the first screenshots, people were optimistic, but also skeptical.

When Unloved was released, the feedback was very positive. There were also negative comments about the non-linearity, the very high difficulty and other elements, but I was just happy about it that I didn't mind it too much. It was just a fun thing that I wanted to make for myself, nothing more.

Some of the most memorable comments I received were about the storyline. It was funny to me, since the story consists of only these lines:

"You wake up in your house. You’re all alone. The only thing that is with you, is your sanity. Or is it?"

At the end of the year, Unloved received a Cacoward, a community award given to the 10 best maps of the year. Seeing that the Doom community is still a very active community that releases tons of maps every month, I was blown away! I've never dreamt about such an honorable award by the community.

Well... I've started working on a sequel, but no matter what I did, it just didn't feel the same to me like the first Unloved. Something had to... change... UNLOVED had to grow into something... stranger...

Play the original Unloved
If you want to play the original Unloved, you need a copy of Doom2: Hell on Earth. You also need GZDoom, a custom version of Doom2 that has tons of new features.

After that, you can go here and download Unloved:
http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/?file= ... nloved.zip

Wanna read more? Here is the birthplace of Unloved:
http://www.doomworld.com/vb/wads-mods/4 ... om-mapset/

Here is the Cacoward:
http://www.doomworld.com/17years/best2.php

Return to “Levels”