Hexen: Winnowing hall redone

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
myselves

Hexen: Winnowing hall redone

Post by myselves »

I started this map in order to see if I could remake the Winnowing hall. In the process of doing so, I've learned quite a few things, and have declared this map to be as complete as I can get it without starting from scratch. There are some mistakes I made here, both design and planning wise, that I won't make again.

An any case, I's putting it out here for critique and criticism. I would like to consider this the beginning of a Hexen project. I have planned an additional three maps.

This map does require GZDoom as it uses 3d floors.

Edit: Image tags fixed.
Spoiler:
Attachments
WinnowingRedux.rar
(99.91 KiB) Downloaded 176 times
Last edited by myselves on Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Enjay

Re: Hexen: Winnowing hall redone

Post by Enjay »

Well, I can't say that it feels much like the original Winnowing Hall, but I think it's really quite a nice little level and would serve as a good introduction to a set of levels. The map itself is a reasonably believable little castle/hall/folly and I had fun playing it.
ShadesMaster

Post by ShadesMaster »

Only the first screenshot shows I'll download once I et home....!
myselves

Post by myselves »

CodenniumRed wrote:Only the first screenshot shows...
Odd... I'll see if I can fix that.
Rolls

Post by Rolls »

Looks good, I go to download it :)
krate32

Post by krate32 »

As it was said before, this map doesn't have the same feel as the original winnowing halls, but it would indeed serve great as an intro level or even a whole hub! if you want to turn it into a hub level, i would be happy to aid in any way.

Return to “Levels”