Hexen: Winnowing hall redone

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

NOTE: This forum, and all forums below it, are NOT for questions or troubleshooting! Threads here are for active projects only! Please use the Editing subforums or General for questions.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Hexen: Winnowing hall redone

Postby myselves » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:18 pm

I started this map in order to see if I could remake the Winnowing hall. In the process of doing so, I've learned quite a few things, and have declared this map to be as complete as I can get it without starting from scratch. There are some mistakes I made here, both design and planning wise, that I won't make again.

An any case, I's putting it out here for critique and criticism. I would like to consider this the beginning of a Hexen project. I have planned an additional three maps.

This map does require GZDoom as it uses 3d floors.

Edit: Image tags fixed.

Spoiler:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by myselves on Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
myselves

Re: Hexen: Winnowing hall redone

Postby Enjay » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:44 pm

Well, I can't say that it feels much like the original Winnowing Hall, but I think it's really quite a nice little level and would serve as a good introduction to a set of levels. The map itself is a reasonably believable little castle/hall/folly and I had fun playing it.
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Postby ShadesMaster » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:28 pm

Only the first screenshot shows I'll download once I et home....!
ShadesMaster

Postby myselves » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:19 pm

CodenniumRed wrote:Only the first screenshot shows...

Odd... I'll see if I can fix that.
myselves

Postby Rolls » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:57 am

Looks good, I go to download it :)
Rolls
BloomTeam

Twitch ID: https://www.twitch.tv/rolls3d

Postby krate32 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:13 pm

As it was said before, this map doesn't have the same feel as the original winnowing halls, but it would indeed serve great as an intro level or even a whole hub! if you want to turn it into a hub level, i would be happy to aid in any way.
krate32

Return to Levels