[Release] Tiny3 - Escaping Hell (Revelation in thread)

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Xaser

Re: [Release] Tiny0 - Ledge-end

Post by Xaser »

And there's quite a big difference between "suggesting remake" and "suggesting ripoff." Your first post is clearly the latter -- I don't believe I need to explain why again.

Just give some real criticism instead of an accusation of ripoff and then we won't have this problem. :/

Until then, *points to the ironically unquoted part of his previous post.*
Coon

Post by Coon »

Xaser wrote:And there's quite a big difference between "suggesting remake" and "suggesting ripoff." Your first post is clearly the latter
Rip-off: "an inferior imitation"
http://www.askoxford.com/concise_oed/ripoff?view=uk

And where did I suggest it was inferior? at worst it's not impressive, and the only reason I pointed out there was more than just inspiration was your open skepticism towards it.
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

id say the map is pretty good is this gonna be a megawad or somthing cuz it looks like u ended the level where another lvl begins
u paid attention to shading more than me
and im trying to make a doom2 remake lol maby u should do it instead of me anyways good job
Nash

Post by Nash »

Maybe it's because I rushed through this (you know, the map being small and all) but... where's the exit switch!? I couldn't find it...
Coon

Post by Coon »

Spoiler:
Remmirath
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Remmirath »

Coon wrote:
Rip-off: "an inferior imitation"
http://www.askoxford.com/concise_oed/ripoff?view=uk
Hey, guys. Have you read? That means KDiZD is a ripoff, therefore it's bad.
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

i see nothing wrong with remakes unless the makers learned nothing from it and made it worse than before

kdizd was very enjoyable lots of detail made me drool wish my global death wad was that good which im releaseing sometime today
Wonoview

Re: [Release] Tiny1 - Cloaked In Shadows

Post by Wonoview »

I've made a new wad! It's called Tiny1 - Cloaked in Shadows, and plays on MAP02 of Doom2 (so you can go from tiny0 to tiny1 if you load them both together). It carries on from tiny0, and its more of you trying to escape.

The download and a screenshot are on the first page of the topic! I hope you enjoy it, and if you have any opinions, I would like to hear them :)
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

seems like your gonna make a mega wad with this? perhaps u should hold off on sending us individual files and send us a shitload of them all at one time saves space imo
good map btw both of them are pretty nice keep up the good work =]
Osiris Kalev

Post by Osiris Kalev »

I quite like the way AlwaysDoomed is going about this. Rather than making many maps and releasing them all at once, they're taking it map by map and getting opinions on them, which could help for future mapping.

Anyway, both maps are great little maps, that although only took 2 minutes or so to finish each one, was fun to play.

Keep it up dude.
Wonoview

Post by Wonoview »

Thank you both :)

I have a plan with these maps, which should become apparant soon I hope!
Wonoview

Re: [Release] Tiny2 - Fleeing Death

Post by Wonoview »

Thanks again to everybody that played my previous 2 wads! Hopefully I've not left it too long, but after a bit of a wait, I've finished Tiny2 - Fleeing Death. The download is on the front page, with a screenshot and some information. It plays on MAP03 and carries on where tiny1.wad left off :) I hope its some good, as I've not had any time to practice in the last month or so :(
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

hey that was cool and it plays from pistol start too =D. only thing i hated was all the fireballs in that giant room. is there a trick to that room or is it just all about luck if you survive?
Remmirath
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Remmirath »

Nice map you've got there. I want to see more from you. :)
Wonoview

Post by Wonoview »

Thank you both :)

The best way to get through the big room is either run for it as soon as you get in there, or take your time and dodge the projectiles. Running the whole way without stopping is very likely to kill you, although if you are really lucky you might not get hit at all! Its all randomised you see. :)

Return to “Levels”