Attack of the minis!

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
HotWax

Re: Attack of the minis!

Post by HotWax »

Marcus101RR wrote:I don't see what this wad does!
Seriously, or are you joking?

If you're serious, make sure you run it with Doom 1, or at least that you start a new game through the menu or by warping to E1M1. If you're playing MAP01, you're not going to get great results....

Although the irony of shrinking everything to scale is that once everything looks correctly-sized next to each other, the effect is kind of ruined, and it just seems like you're playing with a tall player class. :P

If I could manage to keep interest long enough, I've thought of doing a WAD with a series of maps that explore different juxtapositions of scale. Maybe one map would have you running around as a tiny player and would have a segment where you appear to grow in size (relative to the surroundings) so the next map could have you as a giant... or something.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Didn't one of Cyb's maps (Void?) have a section where the player appeared to shrink in order to get into a small place?
FuzzballFox

Post by FuzzballFox »

Enjay wrote:Didn't one of Cyb's maps (Void?) have a section where the player appeared to shrink in order to get into a small place?
To get the cog yeah, and kill spiders! =O
DBThanatos

Post by DBThanatos »

HotWax wrote:Although the irony of shrinking everything to scale is that once everything looks correctly-sized next to each other, the effect is kind of ruined, and it just seems like you're playing with a tall player class. :P.
at least in "attack of the minis!", it doesnt feels like that. For some odd reason, I can "feel" the difference when the player is giant, and when the level is a scaled down version.

Anyway, when I tried this, as soon as I entered e1m1, I thought I was on a very high platform, but as soon as I started to move, I really felt disoriented! :D
Great work!

Return to “Levels”