Attack of the minis!

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
HotWax

Attack of the minis!

Post by HotWax »

So I have this great idea for a new project, and I want you guys to make it for me can you help me out? KTHX!

... just kidding.

So, actually, what we have here is an idea blatantly stolen from this thread. I decided that since having a giant map seemed pretty funny, then obviously the opposite, a tiny map, would be hilarious. I actually started putting it together as a joke (since you'd be stuck in the ceiling right at the start of the map) and then from playing around in it using noclip an idea formed of an actual playable map at 1/4 scale. This is the result.

If you guys could play test it for me, that'd be grand, since I've never actually completed it without cheating... :shock:
tiny11.zip
(31.34 KiB) Downloaded 227 times
WARNING! READ THIS FIRST! This WAD requires Doom 1 and the latest SVN version of (G)ZDoom to play! It will not run in ZDoom 2.2.0, as it uses SVN-only features to avoid having to redistribute modified graphic assets along with it. It will run in Doom 2, but there will be missing textures and the music will not be correct. You have been warned.

Anyway, let me know what you guys think.
Remmirath
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Attack of the minis!

Post by Remmirath »

EPIC STUFF!!!

Need i say more? :wink:
FuzzballFox

Post by FuzzballFox »

*remembers that 64x64 megawad*
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

He he, most amusing - and very disorientating!

Great stuff. :)
XutaWoo

Post by XutaWoo »

This is awesome.

Although it really needs health or weaker enemies because I had to cheat, too.
bagheadspidey

Post by bagheadspidey »

Pretty fun, but frustrating. Almost seems like this might work better as an survival / invasion sort of thing... I haven't gotten past 8 monsters left.
Imp Hunter

Post by Imp Hunter »

So claustrophobic(Maybe i wrote it wrong :() :lol:

Well played, sir :ugeek:
XutaWoo

Post by XutaWoo »

Hm, now that I think about it, how will the other levels be possible?
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

XutaWoo wrote:Although it really needs health or weaker enemies because I had to cheat, too.
bagheadspidey wrote:Pretty fun, but frustrating. ... I haven't gotten past 8 monsters left.
The high difficulty is intended; think of it as kind of an arcade mode. That said, I've been able to beat it twice without cheating. The key is to use what cover you have effectively and control the flow of enemies so you don't have too many pecking you at once. Also, in case anyone hasn't figured it out yet, you can open both of the v1.9 map secrets from within the courtyard, which can help get a better angle on enemies. (Or can get you killed if you open them too soon :D) You can "force open" other doors you might not be able to reach as well...
XutaWoo wrote:Hm, now that I think about it, how will the other levels be possible?
They probably won't, at least not without heavily modifying the level geometry. I specifically avoided that for E1M1, which has a unique layout that allows you to pretty much reach every area inside from that courtyard, but if I were to try doing the same with other levels you wouldn't find many that would give you the same freedom of movement.
Kinsie
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Kinsie »

Needs more health, enormous stomping sounds, and the god mode moans from ROTT. Other than that, pretty funny!
Unknown_Assassin

Post by Unknown_Assassin »

Aw man! I went on top of the monster and they don't die. That sucks.

Anyways, this is pretty difficult. Nice job. :)
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

Ha, this is quite fun actually - it's like being godzilla with a shotgun :lol: Downside is that I keep getting owned...
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

HotWax wrote:The key is to use what cover you have effectively and control the flow of enemies so you don't have too many pecking you at once. Also, in case anyone hasn't figured it out yet, you can open both of the v1.9 map secrets from within the courtyard, which can help get a better angle on enemies. (Or can get you killed if you open them too soon :D) You can "force open" other doors you might not be able to reach as well...
Yup, that's how I did it. :)

One thing I did notice - huge blood splats on the tiny guys. You could shrink them down too. I'm pretty sure DECORATE now allows you to specify blood types for different actors so the player needn't start producing mini-blood splats.

I did like how the armour was still big though. :)
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

Yeah, I could have added some more polish, but where this is basically a joke I didn't want to spend too much time on it. Also, I thought the huge blood splats were funny. :D
Marcus101RR
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Marcus101RR »

I don't see what this wad does!

Return to “Levels”