[CP] The "Ten" Community Project! Completed! First post!!

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Remmirath
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: [CP] The "Ten" Community Project! SIGN UP NOW!

Post by Remmirath »

Snarboo wrote:I'll probably remove the sky texture to comply with the project rules unless otherwise noted.
I don't think that F_SKY1 is considered as a texture... :wink:
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

@Onslaught Six: Hey, if I hadn't already done loads of techbase maps, I'd have probably made another one, as they're by far the easiest theme to do with limited textures.

@Topic in general: I'm not too sure if I'll do any screenshots until the map is finished, as what I take shots of now might change when I do the background.
FuzzballFox

Post by FuzzballFox »

F_Sky1 doesn't count as a flat because it's not really a flat, it just displays the sky or skybox...whichever you wish to use...XD

Thanks for all the input guys, the project is getting better all the time! ^^
Slots are still open so anyone else interested can still join, multiplayer maps are avalible too, so if single player mapping isn't really your thing, you can still join in..

Main post updated again with name changes etc- Not really sure there is much other really needing changing right now, so unless you haven't read it yet, not much point going back to check it!
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

Well, my map is technically finished (playable and all the rest of it), but I still need to do the background, which I will leave for tomorrow, as I'm bored of mapping now.

I'll warn people now that it is quite challenging, especially on UV. Difficulty modes are implemented and do make quite a difference though. I think it'll be a bit nicer if its not from a pistol start though.

It has 71 monsters on UV and Nightmare (about 12 of which are spawned through scripts), and takes about 8 and a half minutes for me to play through, killing everything, finding everything and picking everything up. The playing area coils nicely into the 2048x2048 square, with a little space to spare in places. The background will expand the overall map by about 512 in both dimensions, I think.
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

I'm past the halfway mark with my map, design wise. I've added more areas of the river bed and canyon outside of the "pillar room". Now I just need to add the major canyon area and gameplay.

When the map structure is complete I'll post screenies. I hope to have the map structure done sometime tomorrow, possibly friday.
Dreadopp

Post by Dreadopp »

I, too, am going to wait till I am done most of my map before posting some screen shots. I would say, at the moment, that my map is about 60% done. I am basically done all of the room outlines, I will need to go back to do the detailing. As for the title, I think I am going to call it "Freedom" (might change it if I think of something better).

A very basic storyline is that you start inside a main tower, and you must fight your way out of the giant pit that you were trapped inside of.
Remmirath
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Remmirath »

Heh, nice work so far...
My map is called Tech Base, and everything starts from here...
You have been sent to this base to investigate the disappearance of some scientists...when you get there, you found nothing but hell... :twisted:

Map is 80% complete, and it has some thing spawning and lots of detail... :D :D
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

I am very close to finishing my map's structure. I'd say I'm near 75%, if not more. It's not as epic as I wanted it to be, mostly due to linearity and the 3D bridges being used more as window dressing, but I'm still very happy with it. We'll see how it goes when I add gameplay. :)
FuzzballFox

Post by FuzzballFox »

Woot! X3 Any small chance from a couple of screenies meybe?
Oh, and did you check out that music file?
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

I want to finish the level before I upload screenies. As for the song, let me check.

Edit:
It's about 3.8 megs. It would probably be better to keep it seperate and upload it in a .wad file along with my level.
Last edited by Snarboo on Thu May 01, 2008 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

Well... seems too much is going on for me today and tomorrow. I've made a start on the background, but it's not finished. I'll finish it up some time on Saturday, and then upload it so it can be played.
FuzzballFox

Post by FuzzballFox »

Snarboo wrote:I want to finish the level before I upload screenies. As for the song, let me check.

Edit:
It's about 3.8 megs. It would probably be better to keep it seperate and upload it in a .wad file along with my level.
Yeah, that is a little big, and okies ^^
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

The map's structure is 99% complete! The final things that I am going to add are the last two secrets and gameplay.

I have to say I'm very excited. This will be the first map I've really completed and uploaded for others to play. Hopefully this is the start of more maps. :)

Screenies coming later today. I'm also considering doing another map for the project, but we'll see how things go in the next few days.
FuzzballFox

Post by FuzzballFox »

Okies Snarboo, can't wait to see! :D
If you feel like making another map as you said, go ahead- lots of spaces free..specially the multiplayer levels..:3
Snarboo

Post by Snarboo »

Screenshot time! :3
Spoiler:
That's it. Hope you like what I have so far.

Sorry if the shots are a little dark, I have GZDoom set to low brightness.

Return to “Levels”