[Release] Justice - Infernal Mechanics (Update 30/12/09)

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Phobus

[Release] Justice - Infernal Mechanics (Update 30/12/09)

Post by Phobus »

My first release of the year here... this is quicky3.wad by the way - quicky2 and virus will come along later.

Screenshots:
Spoiler:
Webpage:
http://www.phobus.servegame.com/doom/ph_quik.html

Direct Download:
http://www.phobus.servegame.com/doom/ph_quik3.zip

This also comes with ph_monsters.zip, which provides the new monsters featured in the map. Other features are a sword, Cutty's serious bomb (if you find it), some scripting, some detailing and a Devil May Cry MIDI. Wonderful, eh?

Well, enjoy. :)

EDIT: All of the above remains true, except the screenshots are out of date. Justice - Infernal Mechanics has been updated to be level with White Light 2, which means it's got a new version of Justice with an element of combo system, sprites by NeoWorm and a few other miscelleaneous bits and pieces added. Main change aside from the new Justice is probably that the map seems a bit harder to me now, and the PAR time may not be possible. Again - enjoy :)

Feedback on the updated Justice is welcome, as it'll also be in White Light 2, but with a ranged secondary attack and it's own ammo source.

EDIT2: Links updated.
Last edited by Phobus on Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
TomD666

Re: [Release] Justice - Infernal Mechanics

Post by TomD666 »

The links don't work
Remmirath
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Remmirath »

His site is down this evening :( ...maybe we can try tomorrow...
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

*throws a temper tantrum*
wolfman

Post by wolfman »

The site is up. If it's down again you can get it from /idgames.

http://www.gamers.org/pub/idgames/level ... _quik3.zip
Wills

Post by Wills »

This is actually pretty fun. Making the sword and rocket launcher your only weapons makes you think twice about rushing into battle.
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

Thanks for the second link wolfman - I knew putting it on /idgames was a good idea, though I didn't think it'd be up that quick.

Typical that the site goes down just when I release something and go to bed :?

Ah well.

Cheers for the comments Wills :)

By the way, if anybody works out how to get the serious bomb I'll be quite impressed.
FuzzballFox

Post by FuzzballFox »

Give all. *shot*
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

Got to love the way that the overall reaction on /idgames is for everybody who doesn't like me for whatever reason to flame the wad and rate it down, and about 4 or 5 people to give reasonable ratings with reviews worth reading (I even agree with most of those that aren't "lol, this is shit").

Still, I should know not to care - but on some level I'm mildly bothered that they'd try to make a point of disliking me over the internet. Meh.

Guess nobodies found the Serious Bomb, so:
Spoiler:
Remmirath
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Remmirath »

Nice trick to hidden the serious bomb; i think that's a good challenge... :D Nice work, BTW!
Phobus

Re: [Release] Justice - Infernal Mechanics (Update 30/12/09)

Post by Phobus »

BUMP: Due to the development of White Light 2, both quicky3.wad and ph_monsters.wad have been updated (new Justice that makes the game play a bit differently in quicky3.wad, and DECALDEFs for the Aeon in ph_monsters.wad). There are numerous other minor updates to the zip file too, such as a few corrected spelling mistakes in the text file, and a new-format MAPINFO.

Feedback on the new sword would be welcome.
Davidos

Post by Davidos »

Well, the sword aint exactly a sword.

I wonder why I'm apparently the only one that likes and enjoys this mod...
I really think it's awesome >.>;
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

You are right, Justice is now a scythe or sickle, strictly speaking (or a necromancer's staff, as I believe neoworm credited the sprites in the resources thread) - however, I didn't think to change the stuff in the wad and text file calling it a sword.

I'd say you're more one of few people than the only person who likes the mod. I know Wills rather enjoyed it back when he reviewed it for /newstuff, and the thread shows that one or two others liked it. The main thing behind it is that it's a low profile project that I finished in less than a week, so it's not likely to get much attention. Thanks all the same though :)

As far as I know, the /idgames archive has been updated now, but the doomworld browsers page doesn't reflect this until you read the .txt file at the bottom.

Return to “Levels”