The Power Core 3

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Nash

Post by Nash »

It's a pity that even with the MAPINFO feature to disable jumping and crouching, there are still many who aren't aware of the feature. :(

I added it to this WAD's MAPINFO before playing it so I wouldn't ruin the experience.

This is a nice WAD. Good job, Karnizero.
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

That's another solution, of course. :) Clearly the WAD isn't meant to be jumped in (as was obvious from the first post :oops: ) but a WAD that is making such extensive use of modern just feels odd (to me) to not allow jumping.

However, it's the authors choice of course and my choice whether I choose to comply with that. Either way, it's still a cracking level. :)
Karnizero

Post by Karnizero »

And GzDoom also allows to use IDDQD and IDKFA, so lets use then all the time 8)
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

You mean you don't? ;)

Yeah, but hopefully you see my point. You've used dynamic lighting extensively - like modern games. You've used 3D architecture - like modern games. You've got other modern game goodness, OpenGL, Mlook, etc etc and yet you are disallowing jumping: something that most, if not all FPS games since at least Quake have had. IMO it just doesn't fit with everything else you've done to the level, that's all.

Either way, I'm not really bothered. I was just mentioning it as something I thought was out of step with the rest of the feel of the level. It's still a cracking level. :)
Karnizero

Post by Karnizero »

Enjay wrote:You mean you don't? ;)

Yeah, but hopefully you see my point. You've used dynamic lighting extensively - like modern games. You've used 3D architecture - like modern games. You've got other modern game goodness, OpenGL, Mlook, etc etc and yet you are disallowing jumping: something that most, if not all FPS games since at least Quake have had. IMO it just doesn't fit with everything else you've done to the level, that's all.

Either way, I'm not really bothered. I was just mentioning it as something I thought was out of step with the rest of the feel of the level. It's still a cracking level. :)
I have told in the first post that the player CANNOT jump. And also the original map is not designed for jumping, so i keep that. That is only a remake, so, only eyecandy and such is changed, but not playability ;)
But dont worry, my next (nearly finished map) will allow jumping. :P
Unknown_Assassin

Post by Unknown_Assassin »

@Karnizero: If you want to prohibit players from jumping, type 'nojump' in the MAPINFO.
Karnizero

Post by Karnizero »

Unknown_Assassin wrote:@Karnizero: If you want to prohibit players from jumping, type 'nojump' in the MAPINFO.
Ok, thanks for the tip :D

Return to “Levels”