[TCoTD : Apocalypse] Outdated | Obsolete

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Most atmospheric. Kinda like Blood, but creepier.
Unknown_Assassin

Post by Unknown_Assassin »

Oooh...Pandemonium Shadow Show. This should be interesting.
Nightmare Doom

Post by Nightmare Doom »

For more Atmospheric inspiration, be sure to get Carnage for Blood...(also try to rip the ambient sound files from this mod aswell for this wad...)
Ryan Cordell
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Ryan Cordell »

First, I dunno how it'd look like, but you should try hacking the Playpal/Colormap to give a 'fullbright' ordeal only for the torch's flame.
.+:icytux:+.

Post by .+:icytux:+. »

now that is a more blood themed happy time circus :D
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Okay, after a whole saturday of work, I finally finished what I wanted to have: My perfect vision about how TCOTD:Apocalypse is going to look like. I planned and already implemented several things out of different sources to make sure that this is a totally new Doom experience for everyone.

Imagine elements combined out of Blood, Silent Hill and Resident Evil in Doom to realise a really scary and moody atmosphere :) This won't be about "Kill monster and find keys", its much more, as more work has been put into the background setting of the city, the persons who live(d) there and why this became into such a hostile place at the end ;)

New Screens soon!
Cheers,
Torm
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Yet another news text, but no screens as I have decided so far to not post any more screenshots until I am ready to release the map ;) (yes, I am not kind!)

I am working on the map every day, and every day I get some more ideas and rooms finished and the longer I work on the map the more different it seems to get.

First at all, Detal Addicton aside, the map is about 60% finished and has 1.200 sectors and yes, that's not much detail indeed ;) With the help of dynamic lights and lots of darkness, there is actually even no need for much detail and gives me the chance to concentrate on more important things finally.

I decided as well to slow down the player to make things slower, longer and more frightening as you aren't the super fast Doom Guy anymore. Same goes to weapons, as a total of 5 weapons is by far enough for a one-map project.

Beyond, ingame you will find letters, scripts or other stuff you can read or use to help you getting through the town and even more important: Telling you the story. It's not like in TCOTD Volume 1, were you actually didn't get an idea about what actually happened here. In Apocalypse, this will change and in the end, every open question you had before is closed. Well, at least that's what I am aiming for :)

Do not expect "Key Hunts", do not expect linearity and do not expect corridors filled with monsters, this will be very different from my other work.
Siggi
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Siggi »

Sounds interesting.
Ryan Cordell
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Ryan Cordell »

And please, DO make use of the environment and ambiance sounds. Birds chirping, creepy squeaking doors, maybe something else would REALLY help.

Hell, a major play-attraction with Shadow Warrior for me is solely the atmosphere. It just paid great attention, as did Blood. :wink:
Unknown_Assassin

Post by Unknown_Assassin »

Psycho Siggi wrote:Sounds interesting.
XutaWoo

Post by XutaWoo »

Unknown_Assassin wrote:
Psycho Siggi wrote:Sounds interesting.
Zenon
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Zenon »

.+:icytux:+. wrote:now that is a more blood themed happy time circus :D
OOOoooohhh, this promises to be fun! [/caleb]
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Map Overview, about 70% done with the layout and puzzle routes:
(not on the map are the countless control sectors and portals :P)
Jimmy

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Jimmy »

Holy shit. :shock:

That looks amazingly fun.
Kate
... in rememberance ...

Post by Kate »

...Okay...

Now how does that look in the game?
(Not trying to be sarcastic or anything, but an editor shot doesn't really give much detail imo)

Nonetheless I'd say it looks 'okay' for what it is...

Return to “Levels”