[WIP] More doom builder tinkering: Platformish void map.

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
iSpook

[WIP] More doom builder tinkering: Platformish void map.

Post by iSpook »

Spoiler:
I figured I'd start tinkering with Doombuilder once more, figuring I'd do something that's been in my head for a little while. I don't know if it's original or not, but I decided to make a Marble textured Platformer (Jumping) map.

And yes.. I am using The sky from Agent spork's D2DUEL10 map, it's not permanent, unless I can't find a suitable replacement sky, and/or if I don't recieve the green light to use it.

Edit: I was thinking about making areas where you would need bounce pads to reach various points ( Like platforms high up. ) Would this be frustrating or not?
Last edited by iSpook on Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Cutmanmike
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10

Post by Cutmanmike »

Cool
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

Nice, the sky goes well with it. :)
Nuke em

Post by Nuke em »

I have totally wanted to do something like this after conc maps on half-life!
iSpook

Post by iSpook »

http://img224.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 471bh7.png

This is the map so far ( The image command isn't working for me for some reason. ¬¬ ) I might scrap how it is and start from a standard Sector, rather than a 3D floor created platform. Either that or a Hub, probley the first idea.

ANyways, I realized that I might need to figure out how to use 3D Slopped floors, does someone have a example wad? Or is it as simple as slopes are?
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

you line up the control sector with the sector to house the 3D floor, and set up the slope like you normally would, just on the control sector instead.
iSpook

[WIP] Platformer type void map (Updates.)

Post by iSpook »

Phobus wrote:you line up the control sector with the sector to house the 3D floor, and set up the slope like you normally would, just on the control sector instead.

I see, thank you. o-o

Oh, and a screen shot, decided to make the starting point non 3D floorish, so I bring you the screen shot, I was watching the sky animate before hand, and it looked like it was floating..
Spoiler:
EDIT: Nothing too much to report, more editing of peices of bridge and using an obvious hack to use normal sectors in an attempt to cut down on 3D bridge usage. This will mostly be used on places like broken segments of wall/floor, in order to make the map spread out more. And to use more marble textures than I have been. Oh, and Eriance edited me a New sky so there will be little complaints.. Well the sky's out of final doom, but still.
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

Doom'd Marine wrote:Or is it as simple as slopes are?
Not really, it can be quite painful setting up the alignments for the slopes.

Return to “Levels”