Hell-Forged (updated to v1.11 - development paused)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

How do you feel about the difficulty of Hell-Forged Maps on UV (Grandmaster)?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:26 am

Too Easy
9%
Somewhat Easy
4%
Just Right
22%
Somewhat Hard
52%
Too Hard
13%
Impossible
No votes

Total votes: 23

Tormentor667

Re: Hell-Forged - Update in Progress

Post by Tormentor667 »

Most impressive!
Amuscaria

Re: Hell-Forged - Update in Progress (Check Opening page)

Post by Amuscaria »

A few days behind due to a busy weekend. Hoping to finish the death animation this week.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Gotta love the 2nd attack animation. The muzzle flash really fits with this magnificent thing!
Gez

Post by Gez »

So it shoots from its eyes in only one direction, but all four mouths are synchronized?
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Separated attack animations for Hitscan and All-range attack but combined in gif, i guess. I can feel it.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Gez wrote:So it shoots from its eyes in only one direction, but all four mouths are synchronized?
The mouth animation is the summoning attacks. It either shoots out 3 orbs that summons Guardians, or 3 orbiting drones that shoots at you continuously (at least that's the idea).
Captain J

Post by Captain J »

Summoning only Guardians or Drone, that sounds pretty challenging. Well, if they're tougher as balls.
torridgristle

Post by torridgristle »

Whoa you're working on this again? This is great! Jeez I've got like hundreds of pages to catch up on.
Bezhael

Post by Bezhael »

Is this going to be completely integrated into a single WAD file or will you put it in a PK3 archive? I am wondering because it would be nice to be able to isolate new stuff and put it in a gameplay mod.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Right now im modding with a wad file. I'll convert to a PK3 when the finished version is ready.
Kyotra

Post by Kyotra »

Wouldn't this qualify as a total conversion? I was trying to find this mod in the TC forum and gave up, now I found it by accident in here.

I'm gonna guess this started out as just a map pack, the thread is quite a few years old.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Kyotra wrote:Wouldn't this qualify as a total conversion? I was trying to find this mod in the TC forum and gave up, now I found it by accident in here.

I'm gonna guess this started out as just a map pack, the thread is quite a few years old.
It's not technically converting anything, and is still using a lot of Doom's resources. It's also designed to play like Doom,so its not really a gameplay mod either. More like a spin-off? I'll make a new thread when 1.0 rolls out. :P
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Amuscaria wrote:
Kyotra wrote:Wouldn't this qualify as a total conversion? I was trying to find this mod in the TC forum and gave up, now I found it by accident in here.

It's not technically converting anything, and is still using a lot of Doom's resources. It's also designed to play like Doom,so its not really a gameplay mod either. More like a spin-off? I'll make a new thread when 1.0 rolls out. :P
I'd love to see a version that was just weapons, items and monsters so it could be played with megawads and map-packs in the future. :)
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Gideon020 wrote:I'd love to see a version that was just weapons, items and monsters so it could be played with megawads and map-packs in the future. :)
Think Xaser already made (or is updating the old version) a version with just the guns.
torridgristle

Post by torridgristle »

Hey can you give us a run-down on your new 3D process? All the way from deciding what's going to work on this visual scale, to lighting / shading, to rendering, to Photoshop.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”