Sign-Up![ZDoom Community Map Pack]

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

Yeah, the textures, in game, definitely appear as having the 'transparent' parts drawn in black, because in-game they look solid.
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Just a shot of an in progress area (lighting differences and a few texture alignments are noticably lacking).
Spoiler:
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

And even with those notable exceptions, it still looks pretty cool. Nice stuff :)
XutaWoo

Post by XutaWoo »

Reminds me of the start of DOOM 3 where you get scanned for some reason.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

That looks nice Zippy but I would use a different ceiling texture instead of this tan base one. Besides that: The whole room seems to be pretty clean and the rusty ceiling pipes could be replaced with something better imo.
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

Progress on my map has gone quite well... it's just been a case of finding the time, unfortunately. Still, I've finished all of the Scourge MAP03 and MAP02 areas now. Each has a fair bit more detail overall, and I put an extra secret in each area as well (the MAP02 one serves as a non-painful method of hopping over the lava, but it involves a bit of wall hugging and a small drop).

I've made gameplay a little harder for those areas too, but only in very specific parts, with the alteration of some monster's freedom to move, and the addition of a couple of monsters.

And now to work on the MAP01 part.
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Tormentor667 wrote:but I would use a different ceiling texture instead of this tan base one
When I do the lighting, there's probably going to be some changes to the ceiling to add lighting fixtures. I kind of like the tan tiled ceiling, though. I'll look at other textures.
Tormentor667 wrote:The whole room seems to be pretty clean and the rusty ceiling pipes could be replaced with something better imo.
They're not pipes. They're... umm... well... I don't know what the hell they are. They're decorations. Noted, though.
Nuke em

Post by Nuke em »

Mapper's Damnable Block! Argh, I hate it! :puke:
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

I hate it more. :(
Penguinator

Post by Penguinator »

Are we going to implement a nifty looking hudmessage somewhere on the screen to say who's map you are playing on, or our we going to do something simpler(i.e. Through map name, the bubble letter on automap)?
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

I think we could create a simple hudmessage script that all mappers could simply input into their maps with the correct lines filled in to give the player info. Sounds simple enough. In fact, I could probably do it....

*gets to work*
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

That should do the job:

Code: Select all

//Intro Text
script 669 OPEN
{

SetHudSize(640, 400, 0);
        Setfont("dbigfont");
		Hudmessage(s:"Map Title"; 
		HUDMSG_FADEOUT, 0, CR_WHITE, 320.4, 190.0, 3.5, 1.0);
		Setfont("smallfont");
		Hudmessage(s:"Mapper(s)";
		HUDMSG_FADEOUT, 0, CR_RED, 320.4, 205.0, 3.5, 1.0);
}
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

I was kind of expecting that to go on the intermission screen, to be honest...
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

http://www.iphpbb.com/board/index.php?n ... 395nx94037

@Kirby - After registration you will get admin rights, just let me know when that happens ;)
Zippy

Post by Zippy »

Phobus wrote:I was kind of expecting that to go on the intermission screen, to be honest...
Yeah, I think we'll have to figure out the name thing again towards the end, depending on things like if we decide to put together an intermap, etc.

Return to “Levels”