Sign-Up![ZDoom Community Map Pack]

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Penguinator

Post by Penguinator »

Heh, I was about to post that, but laziness got the best of me and I switched the texture to the static warped lava with scroll down 50.
Another issue with the resource is that EGATE1(I think) doesn't show up right. In Doombuilder, it looks like a tan-ish teleporter pad but while testing the area with Zdoom it looks like EGATE2-4.
Nuke em

Post by Nuke em »

This is odd too, but I think it has to do with zdoom's and gzdoom's (checked on both) rendering system.

That is supposed to be sky streched across the screen, but it turns grey in the middle.
Spoiler:
EDIT: Oh yeah, and why doesn't this pack have that doublebarrel plasma rifle (insanity rifle, or something like that). Wasn't it you who created it Kirby?

EDIT 2: My question is confirmed (I think). Could you include the Insanity Plasma Rifle in the next build of reasources?
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

@Tormentor - That's quite alright. Take all the time you need to finish it

@Nuke'em - I'll be sure to add the lavafall animation to ANIMDEFS in the next build, thanks for pointing that out.

On the subject of the insanity rifle, I sort of look back on that as a relatively bad creation. The idea is certainly fine, but to redo the weapon I would definitely need better sprites. If I could find those, then I would redo the decorate to make it more balanced and then we could add it. Until then, I think it'll stay out for now

On one of Torm's earlier suggestions, I will also be adding the Rocket Zombie to the resource. With that will also come the Cacolich, to spice up the monster variety. Beyond that, I'm going to look into one or two more monsters (most likely to come from Eriance's DE) and then a boss-type monster to add in as well. In terms of flats/textures, I may add a few more of NiGHTMARE's if they feel useful. Beyond that, the resource will be almost done. If anyone thinks we should add weapons, definitely let me know :)
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

I am strongly against the Cacolich... this has something to do with the drawing style of this monster. It surely looks great but I think it doesn't fit that well into the other doom monsers. Use other ones that fit better I suggest.
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

If that were the case we'd have to lose a lot of our new textures, because they don't fit with the standard doom stuff at all either. I say put in whatever, as long as people will use it, it's not shit, and it's not largely unwanted by the people doing submissions.

The thing with ZDoom is that we can use things that don't look like Doom and get away with it, so surely we should be allowed to use them. Besides, it's a good monster :P
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Sure it's great, but it's drawing style compared to other MRW monsters is hard on the borderline, you have to admit that :-/ I'd rather like to see some more monsters from DE that would fit better :( Nothing against Vader, the monster still rocks ;)
Vader

Post by Vader »

Personally I'm not too proud of the Cacolich either, so I propably won't use it if it gets included, but I don't see anything wrong with others making use of the monster.

@Kirby:
If you're including some DE monsters; what about the Bloodfiend and the Death-incarnate? I'd really like to use these in my map!
Enjay

Post by Enjay »

Oh. :( Poor cacolich.

I have to say it's one of my favourites from the MRW. I think it looks great and is a very good representation of a necrotic caco-type monster. I do agree that its style is a little different to other Doom graphics though.
Risen

Post by Risen »

Tormentor667 wrote:- Risen
Sorry, but I must decline for reasons that would not be of general interest in this thread.
NiGHTMARE

Post by NiGHTMARE »

I've got a couple of unfinished levels I'd be happy to donate for someone else to take and finish off, but I'm afraid I lack the inspiration to do much Doom mapping at the moment.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

NiGHTMARE wrote:I've got a couple of unfinished levels I'd be happy to donate for someone else to take and finish off, but I'm afraid I lack the inspiration to do much Doom mapping at the moment.
Fine, send them to me and I will work on one or two of them ;) A Nightorm-map ;) You have my email ad, aight?! ;)
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

I would love to have the Death Incarnate and the Diabloist in the resource.
Wills

Post by Wills »

The cacolich is one of the more unique monsters I've come across. Really creepy noises, a devastating acid/flame attack, and its dusty-rot appearance make it really stand out to me. It doesn't fit in with the other monsters, but that's no reason to negate its high points.
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

Found a problem with the textures. The EVENT textures have broken variants, which use black as their middle colour... which means that they look like solid textures in game, even if there is a sector behind them. These need to be changed to be cyan.
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

@Phobus - Are you referring to the vent textures? I just checked them in XWE and they appear to be using the cyan color just fine.....

@Torm - Granted, I understand where your point is coming from, but neither are we just using stock Doom textures either. It doesn't have to fit in perfectly with one persons style for it to be an asset to all persons involved in the project. We have a wide enough variety of textures to help make an environment it can fit in as well, so I think it should still be added :)

Return to “Levels”