ZDCMP2 - Sign up!

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
jobro

Post by jobro »

Hello. I made an own map to test out the textures. Your map remains! I haven't even touched that map.
Biff

Post by Biff »

Ah, thanks, I misunderstood! It'd be great if you could link in an additional map somehow.

I'm hoping for another inspiration and motivation to continue my work on map03 unless Phobus has specific ideas / requests.
jobro

Post by jobro »

I like your work, respect for your qualities. I was thinking about making a lava level deep underground with an exit above ground with a slightly different skybox that takes you back to the base. Like that idea? What needs to be done is to create a hidden exit on map3 that takes you down deep underground.
Biff

Post by Biff »

Those ideas sound fine. FYI the existing map03 has an exit that takes you back to the base. After you pick up the Hellstaff, a teleport exit opens. If you use the "IDFA" command in map03, you will not be able to pick up the Hellstaff and, because the Hellstaff has a special assigned that opens the teleport on pickup (and also enables you to open the dormant Arachnotron room back on map01), those things won't work.

So, one possibility is to change the teleport exit so that it instead leads to your proposed level. Or, maybe a passage from the imp crusher room? Or...something entirely different.
jobro

Post by jobro »

Let me guess that the exit is the long hallway up north huh?

Putting 2 forcefields and making a new section a bit further south near the lavafield downleft opening up into a fall down into a small lava pool with a tunnel that departs you to my level.

Before you can exit you have to deactivate 2 forcefields in my level. The two forcefields are located near the hellstaff with it between them. This forces the players to seek this area out to deactivate the fields, but it is a long way to go down the dark lava sewers. Hidden and lethal enemies doing what they can to stop you reaching the two switches.

How about that?
Biff

Post by Biff »

That north hallway is the feed line for the imp crusher. The exit is on the north face of the Hellstaff arena.

The mod idea doesn't sound that good to me because it's taken a lot of work to get things to flow to my liking. You need a new map in my opinion but I'm going to defer to Phobus on this issue. I wish to maintain control over map03 for now so I'm hoping that there is another way to integrate your efforts.
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

One thing I was thinking about is the portal to Hell. If it's not just a placeholder, it seriously could use a facelift (hence, one area of detailing)
Biff

Post by Biff »

Kirby - yeah the portal to Hell is sorely in need of some work. Right now it just serves to hub in map03 (portal works in both directions) but doesn't look good or have much gameplay sense.
jobro

Post by jobro »

Speaking about hell, new music for hell and my lava dungeons are available, check jobro\wads\resources and the file jobro resources to find 'em. Contains also some new alarms and other good sounds.

I was thinking this Biff, if you can add a start position inside the impcrusher tunnel then I could add an elevator that goes up from my level into the crusher.
The NUtcracker

Post by The NUtcracker »

This might be the wrong time to post, but if a new final boss is still needed, I have a monster called a cyberbomber that is ready and waiting. Here is a brief description: Huge variation of attacks, Immense in size, requires a translation. If you are interested, the easiest way to contact me is my E-Mail account, ithenutcracker@yahoo.com.
jobro

Post by jobro »

I'm intrested in testing this cyberbomber. I'm not gonna decide if this is needed in this project tho. That's up to the project admin to do.
The NUtcracker

Post by The NUtcracker »

jobro, I am not exactly the most technical guy, but I do have a test map with the cyberbomber in it. Since you seem to want to test it, I won't mind getting it to you, but the problem is I don't know how. If you don't want to post how to here, then E-mail me at ithenutcracker@yahoo.com
jobro

Post by jobro »

Hey NutCracker check your inbox. PM dispatched to you.
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

If you want my opinion, a big, overpowered cyberdemon varient isn't what I'm looking for if it's not clever in any way.
jobro

Post by jobro »

Well it uses the cyberdemon sprites, and that's just about what it does. No attacks are running, I had to comment away your entire ACS block to even get a chance to test it. Will upload it to the ftp so others can check it out as well.

Return to “Levels”