[RELEASED] Titan 2

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Ixnatifual

[RELEASED] Titan 2

Post by Ixnatifual »

This project has been RELEASED to /idgames.
Available at:
http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=15566

I have finally decided to pick up this project again. Here's the details so far:

The story continues where Titan left off - after defeating the Hell army and its Hectebi masters in Nexus, you lose consciousness. In Titan 2, you come to your senses deep in some hellpit. Your ultimate goal in Titan 2 will be to escape from Hell and return to Earth. And of course, blow away as many demons as possible in the process. The gameplay will be run n' gun with plenty of tricks and traps as in the original. However where as the original Titan mainly consisted of linear levels, the levels in Titan 2 will be much more open, allowing you to complete a map by many different routes.

I had originally started on this a long time ago. However when I returned to the project I found the few maps I had already made unsatisfactory, and decided to start from scratch. A lot of mapping has already been done, and there will probably be around 9 maps as in the original. Obviously the architecture and detailing in Titan 2 will be much superior, and hopefully it will be more fun as well. Titan 2 can be seen in a similar fashion as The Shores of Hell - it's a second episode. You start with your little gun and work your way up. Though Titan 2 will be a challenge with plenty of demons and zombies on your ass right from the beginning, so you won't be stuck with just your pistol for very long.

Fell free to comment with ideas or what not. Also if you feel there's something in the original that could have been done better, don't be afraid to post. Anything that helps make Titan 2 a worthy sequel is welcome.

If you haven't played the original Titan (or need refreshing of your memory), it can be found here:
http://www.doomworld.com/idgames/index.php?id=12855

Titan 2 entry on WIP (with a couple of screens - but it's somehow bugged and can't be updated or searched for):
http://www.wadsinprogress.info/?a=listwads&wad=781

Progress:
It's done.

Port: GZDoom
Release date: It's already released.

Screenshot batch 1:
Spoiler:
Screenshot batch 2:
Spoiler:
Screenshot batch 3:
Spoiler:
Screenshot batch 4
Spoiler:
Screenshot batch 5
Spoiler:
Last edited by Ixnatifual on Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:23 am, edited 51 times in total.
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

One suggestion (though this may be a moot point with GZDoom) - can we have less mirrors? It's easy to crash the last map of Titan by standing in the wrong place when near a mirror.
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

You mean the Line Mirror action special? Is there something wrong with the way it's placed in that map or something about mirrors in general? I don't think I've ever had something crash due to mirrors. Is it only in the last map or can it happen in any map with a mirror? Can you force the crash? If so I can try to reproduce it.
Last edited by Ixnatifual on Sat Sep 02, 2006 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Da Spadger

Re: [Project] Titan 2

Post by Da Spadger »

Ixnatifual wrote:[Project] Titan 2
THERE IS A GOD AFTER ALL.
Wills

Post by Wills »

Left a comment on WIP. As I said there, looks excellent.
Vader

Post by Vader »

I loved Titan, so I'm really looking forward to this sequel :)
Keep up the work on this :thumb:

Also, what exactly makes this a Gzdoom wad?
Skybox, Dynamic lights, 3dfloors... I'm just curious!
Last edited by Vader on Sat Sep 02, 2006 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

@Ix: Yes the line mirror specials. In some maps (Titan's last map, and some other maps I've played as well) standing in the right place can cause bomb zdoom out to windows with a plane rendering error on a certain line. It's easily possible in one of the side areas off from the main pyramid area.
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

Well I tried fooling about near the mirrors for a while but was unable to reproduce the crash :/
Kirby

Re: [Project] Titan 2

Post by Kirby »

Da Spadger wrote: THERE IS A GOD AFTER ALL.
Seriously, after the first Titan, I just can't wait :D
Phobus

Post by Phobus »

@Ix: It happened to me when I was (relatively) far away from the mirrors, like just leaving a room or whatever. Think of ways you could get the most rendered in a mirror line at once, and that's roughly what seems to keep happening to me...
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

Here's a couple of screenshots to prove I'm not slacking.

Still hard at work on the second level!

[EDIT] Screenshots moved to the first post.
Last edited by Ixnatifual on Sat Apr 12, 2008 3:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
whiteboy567

Post by whiteboy567 »

Sweet, looking good. I loved the first Titan, it sort of felt like doom 3.
Kirby

Post by Kirby »

I'm Lovin' it (TM)
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

Vader wrote:Also, what exactly makes this a Gzdoom wad?
Skybox, Dynamic lights, 3dfloors... I'm just curious!
There's definetly 3d floors and dynamic lights! Generally I prefer sector lighting though, so you won't see dynamic lights all over the place.
SMG M7

Post by SMG M7 »

Ooh, the original was one of the first wads I ever played, and I loved it. This one looks to be even better, and I, for one, can't wait to see it done!

Return to “Levels”