dead.air - v2

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Re: dead.air - v2

Postby GAA1992 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:34 pm

Heh, thanks.

It's not like i would die if scared, but certainly i don't like the experience or the adrenaline from scares - had bad experiences in the past.

So, if you mean the most scary part is the ambience, i think i can give it a chance.

During the day.

With lights turned on.

And a "cute puppies" tab on the browser.
GAA1992

Postby Xaser » Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:13 am

There are indeed no cheap jumpscares, but I can't guarantee a monster won't surprise you around a corner or something. :P

As a side-note, it's always super-cool to see the "creep factor" have some sort of effect. I'm a bit of a poor judge of such things (I don't get scared easily, cheap jumpscares notwithstanding), so it's mostly me just chucking in things I think are cool+interesting+whatnot. It probably doesn't help that I fairly-regularly browse the SCP wiki before going to bed, though. :P

[EDIT] Oh sheeet, this got 2nd place in the Vinesauce compo! I should probably do something to celebrate. o:
Xaser
autodefenestrator

Postby SAraisXenoQueen » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:30 pm

removed my awful post
Last edited by SAraisXenoQueen on Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
SAraisXenoQueen
I really should have chose a better name.

Postby Captain J » Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:56 pm

It's vinsauce related and it sounds like a good news, so that sounds indeed good to me. Anyway congrats, Xaser! You impressed us as usual and now you made vinesauce impressed as well!
Captain J
Have a Hella sweet day!

Previous

Return to Levels