[ECWOLF] Escape from Totenhaus (Original Mac Version)

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
AstroCreep

[ECWOLF] Escape from Totenhaus (Original Mac Version)

Post by AstroCreep »

It's the spring of 1943, and you're working as an undercover agent behind enemy lines, passing yourself off as a German in a quaint Bavarian village. One afternoon, you're sitting in a tavern sipping schnapps and flirting with a pretty fraulein when someone identifies you as an allied spy. Before you can amiably protest and offer to buy the man a drink, somebody else hits you on the back of the head, and the lights go out. The next thing you know, you wake up in what appears to be the basement of a large mansion. But this is no ordinary mansion. This is Totenhaus (House of Death), the dreaded location where Allied spies are taken to be interrogated and executed. Until now, no one has escaped from Totenhaus alive. Will you be the first?

This is a conversion of the original "Escape from Totenhaus" Mac scenario by Laz Rojas. Much like my other conversions, this makes the scenario work with the orginal Wolf3D files using ECWolf.

DIFFERENCES FROM ORIGINAL

Menu graphics adapted from WolfenDOOM, Wolf 3D, and the ECWolf Tech Demo by Executor.
Includes fonts from Tech Demo by Executor
includes imf macwolf songs by Andy_Nonymous

This is only a temporary build, as this is designed for the crippled version currently
being run by the dev versions of ECWolf. As such, this WILL NOT WORK with the official releases yet, only the dev versions
which support MacWolf. Dev versions can be found at http://devbuilds.drdteam.org/ecwolf/

This also includes a modified Totenhaus mod needed to run this fix, already
MacBinary'd up.

TO RUN:
Extract ZIP file
Drag and drop "toten_data.bin" and "toten_fix_PC.pk3" onto the ecwolf executable

OR

run "ecwolf --file toten_data.bin toten_fix_PC.pk3"
Spoiler:

CREDITS -
Spoiler:
SCREENSHOTS
Spoiler:
DOWNLOAD
Korell

Re: [ECWOLF] Escape from Totenhaus (Original Mac Version)

Post by Korell »

Does this one effectively replace your previous hi-res port of Escape From Totenhaus? It certainly looks like higher resolution graphics than the previous hi-res port.
AstroCreep

Post by AstroCreep »

Korell wrote:Does this one effectively replace your previous hi-res port of Escape From Totenhaus? It certainly looks like higher resolution graphics than the previous hi-res port.
Doesn't replace - it's a completely different version. 4 diff versions by Laz of Totenhaus exist - the original, the special edition, the pc version, and the WolfenDOOM version. Obviously the WolfenDOOM version doesn't count with these versions. The original and the special edition were both Mac Wolfenstein scenarios. The hi-res port is based off of the PC version, using a mix of Mac and PC assets, plus some custom made stuff. A mac sprite version of the HD PC version could possibly be made, much like I did for Astrostein: Spifferaneous Edition. I believe I have the sprite sheets somewhere, unless someone around here knows anything about extracting resources from macbinary files.
Korell

Post by Korell »

Ah, I see, so I imagine that there are some differences other than textures and sprites then, so I'll keep all three of them in my ECWolf installation.

Return to “Levels”