[Wip][Demo Available] ZenMPack, my first own doom mappack

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Zen3001

[Wip][Demo Available] ZenMPack, my first own doom mappack

Post by Zen3001 »

Last year(2017) somewhere arround autumn, I had a hard time finding doom wads that feel like the original doom2 game while trying to learn doom mapping myself (most of my maps sucked at that time) so I decided to start working on my own simple mappack.

ZenMPack is a simple vanilla doom2 compatible mappack.
The amount of maps in the final version depends on how lazy I'll be and how much time I'll find but I'm looking forward to get 10 - 15 maps done, they are all going to have multiple difficulties and the first few maps are going to have deathmatch (all the deathmatch maps are finished and playable in the demo). I've been pretty lazy and only made 5 maps the last half year, from which MAP01 had to be completely recreated because it didn't fit with the other maps very well.

It will probably take me another year to get this project done.
Right now I have MAP01 - MAP07 finished with different difficulties and you can Play the five map demo wad I just submitted on gamebanana a few days ago.
Spoiler: Nine 640x400 screenshots (Taken from the demo wad with crispy-doom)

Download the five map demo from the Gamebanana page:

(I hope I didn't broke any rule this time, read through them all and they feel kind of strict... tried my best to follow them)
Last edited by Zen3001 on Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
grouchbag

Re: [Wip][Demo Available] ZenMPack, my first own doom mappac

Post by grouchbag »

The screenshots look nice. I'll download and play after my nap. Cheers! :D
joe-ilya

Post by joe-ilya »

Perfect fun maps, had a lot of fun, I hope the next ones get slightly more challenging though.
Zen3001

Post by Zen3001 »

joe-ilya wrote:I hope the next ones get slightly more challenging though.
don't worry about that, map06 did get more challenging and I'm trying my best to keep the future maps that way

Return to “Levels”