Project Heremus

New maps, and other projects whose primary focus is new maps, belong here.

Note: This forum, and all forums below it, are not for questions or troubleshooting! Threads created here are for active projects only! If you have questions please feel free to use the Editing subforums or General forum.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
MetroidJunkie

Project Heremus

Post by MetroidJunkie »

Video:
Spoiler:
Just thought I'd get back into Doom mapping as an attempt to sharpen my level design, this is more of a Metroidvania type of thing. (Note: Jumping is required)

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ga07fcu0f ... eremus.wad
Last edited by MetroidJunkie on Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
LukasG2004
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Project Heremus

Post by LukasG2004 »

does this have any custom enemies?
MetroidJunkie

Post by MetroidJunkie »

Remade the level to have more shape and structure to it.
StroggVorbis
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by StroggVorbis »

When I read the title at first I thought this was a Heretic Music addon :o
MetroidJunkie

Post by MetroidJunkie »

Well, it's in the levels subforum. :P

I picked the name Heremus because it's a Greek name that made sense.
dawnbreez

Post by dawnbreez »

Interesting concept. Needs a Varia Suit :P

How'd you manage to make weapons act as keys? Some kind of fancy DECORATE shenanigans?
RedoLane

Post by RedoLane »

So is this just a single map or you plan to make more? Because I think it lacks in many parts when it comes to combat.
First of all, why a weaker Cyberdemon? Just against him, I wasted all my ammo and couldn't kill him.
The rocket launcher is also used once on a door and that's it. why not keep it as a normal weapon?
And the plasma gun only shoot one bullet each time? I understand that's in order to make it feel progressive and not for the player to be full-badass from the start, but it slows down the whole progression by a lot.
I do however, love the throwback to Metroid Prime 2, with the recovery areas here and there, and the fact that this map is played twice with different environment, like parallel versions side by side.
Other than that, I think this map is ok for someone who came back to mapping, but as a map by itself, It needs a LOT of improvement in order to make it become fun.

Return to “Levels”