Dehacked Strings

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.

Dehacked Strings

Postby Kuroshi » Sat Nov 01, 2003 1:05 am

ZDooM doesn't seem to recognize native dehacked strings replacements anymore. However, the BEX versions still work. Is there anyway to use non-BEX string replacements without converting them to the new format, or is this a bug?

Thanks,

EDIT: Scratch that, now none of the string replacements are working.
Kuroshi

Postby Chilvence » Sat Nov 01, 2003 1:27 am

I just used that yesterday with 52.cab...

heres the line I used:

Text 4 4
PUNGPNCH

worked fine... just not in the right game mode...
Chilvence
I had been waiting for Doomscript....

Re: Dehacked Strings

Postby HotWax » Sat Nov 01, 2003 2:50 am

Kuroshi wrote:ZDooM doesn't seem to recognize native dehacked strings replacements anymore. However, the BEX versions still work. Is there anyway to use non-BEX string replacements without converting them to the new format, or is this a bug?

Thanks,

EDIT: Scratch that, now none of the string replacements are working.

Make sure your DEH patch is updated to the latest format. ZDoom has no backwards compatibility with old patch formats.
HotWax
Do what you must, and pay the price later.

Postby Kuroshi » Sat Nov 01, 2003 11:27 am

Dehacked version 3.0, Doom Version = 19, Patch Format = 6.

String replacements (specifically level names and the intermission texts after MAP06, MAP11, ect.) do not work at all and for some reason all 'y's are replaced with 'i's including all other messages besides level names (i.e. MAP01 automap displays "MAP01: ENTRIWAI"). I used the DEH patch that came with the latest version of Alien Vendetta to test this. BEX replacements (i.e. HUDSTR_1 = ... after a [STRINGS] statement) don't work either but the 'y' replacement isn't present. Both DEH and BEX patches worked fine with 2.0.47 but stopped working from 2.0.50 onwards.

EDIT: MAPINFO names still work

EDIT: Figured out the 'y' to 'i' issue so ignore that.

EDIT: More checking and it seems to just be the level names on the automap and intermission texts.
Kuroshi

Return to General