Need old sndinfo.lmp

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Quast

Need old sndinfo.lmp

Post by Quast »

If this thing exists yet. I've been searching for a while and most links direct me to the nonexistant dl here. I'd like to get ahold of the sndinfo.lmp, or just its contents, from this version...or possibly even 43.cab. My hope is someone, somewhere still has it sitting on their HD.

any help is appriciated
The Ultimate DooMer

Post by The Ultimate DooMer »

Go to the reference section on this site and go to 'predefined sounds'. Copy and paste from there (that's 1.23b33 though). You can still download 47.cab from lars if that helps (then extract the sndinfo using your favourite tool).
Quast

Post by Quast »

Damn, those won't do. Specificaly, I need Hexen's sndinfo entries.
In all the avaliable .cab files to dl here, Hexen only seems to have the player's sound defined...then Strife's starts
randomlag

Post by randomlag »

Not sure what you are looking for - HEXEN IWAD has a SNDINFO though - is that what you want?
Chilvence

Post by Chilvence »

Yeah, the SNDINFO lump was introduced in Hexen, and then Randy adopted it and greatly expanded it for zdoom. The Hexen sounds must still be defined in Hexen.wad though, if you cant seem to find them.
randi
Site Admin

Post by randi »

Yep, Hexen still uses the SNDINFO in hexen.wad. The one in zdoom.wad just sets up some compatibility aliases so I don't need any special cases in the code to play the Hexen sounds.
Quast

Post by Quast »

:roll:

ok, stupidity on my part i guess. I forgot hexen had a sndinfo.lmp
i still swear i pulled the entries from a zdoom.wad some time ago...maybe not though...

anyway, that's what messed me up, thanks guys

Return to “General”