ART-attack!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Lexus Alyus

ART-attack!

Post by Lexus Alyus »

Okay, Zdoom now supports floors as walls and sprites as walls, etc... Zdoom also supports Duke3d's art format... this gets me thinking, wouldn't it be so much more usefull if I just had all of the doom textures in an Art file (or multiple art files)? It would make things easy, but I don't think it would work because the Doom editors wouldn't beable to load art files... it's a nice idea though :-D
StriderSkorpion

Post by StriderSkorpion »

Actually it would be the BUILD engines art format as ZDoom doesn't use any of Duke 3D's source AFIK. I don't know if the art format used in Ken Silverman's BUILD source is the same as Duke 3D's as I haven't really checked.
X-DOOM

Post by X-DOOM »

all Windows Xp user have only one problem, Build cannot be executed in XP !!!!!!!!
StriderSkorpion

Post by StriderSkorpion »

Try a Windows port. Some groups have ported BUILD over to various OSes, such as Windows and Linux. This is how people were able to port Duke 3D to Windows.
Sphagne

Post by Sphagne »

Well, you would miss the patch combination of doom textures.
Lexus Alyus

Post by Lexus Alyus »

Yeah, I'd just patch em together myself using my insanely great boredom skill! Buiold, duke... whatever, that's what I meant. A while ago randy had a screenshot that had a Blood level loaded with all of it's textures desplayed properly. I just thought that Zdoom could load art files. As we can have flats as walls and all that< i just thouight it might be easier to make art files with all the doom textures and flats, therew would be no duplications and stuff... plus, it looked like Zdoom was using bloods pallet.... multiple pallet support?

Return to “General”