Kind of an odd little question...

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Anonymous

Kind of an odd little question...

Post by Anonymous »

So, yeah. I was playing the new .48 version of Zdoom today and I noticed that my pistol seemed far more accurate than usual - no missing a zombie when it looked like a hit or anything like that. Was this upgraded or changed with the new version, or am I going mad?
Kappes Buur

Post by Kappes Buur »

Have a look under 'OPTIONS' -->> 'PLAYER SETUP' -->> 'AUTOAIM' to see what it is set at.
The range of autoaim has been expanded.
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

Kappes Buur wrote:.
Have a look under 'OPTIONS' -->> 'PLAYER SETUP' -->> 'AUTOAIM' to see what it is set at.
The range of autoaim has been expanded.
Looks like the same old options to me.

Always
Very High
High
Medium
Low
Very Low
Never
Kappes Buur

Re: Kind of an odd little question...

Post by Kappes Buur »

HotWax wrote:Looks like the same old options to me.
I could have sworn, that I had settings between 'low and medium' and 'medium and high'. :shock:
Ryu Hayabusa wrote:... and I noticed that my pistol seemed far more accurate than usual ...
So, rather than accrediting ZDoom, you can mark it up that your shooting skill has improved! I wished, that were the same in my case. 8-)
Chilvence

Post by Chilvence »

Theres always been this horrible little bug in the doom-in-general hitscan code, maybe that got fixed?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Ryu Hayabusa wrote:
... and I noticed that my pistol seemed far more accurate than usual ...

So, rather than accrediting ZDoom, you can mark it up that your shooting skill has improved! I wished, that were the same in my case.

Heh.

I wish I felt that was the case, but it feels like the pistol is merely aiming far better than any improvement in my game. And since it happened right after I loaded up the new .48 upgrade...*shrugs* I'm not getting those pistol shots that look like they should hit and instead whiff to the side.

I'm not complaing, I'm just curious to know if this was tweaked or if my copy of Doom/Zdoom was gone crazy. Maybe it was that hitscan bug getting fixed? *shrugs*
Hirogen2
Github ID: jengelh
Operating System: RedHat-like Linux (RHEL, Fedora, CentOS, etc) 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan Support

Post by Hirogen2 »

Chilvence wrote:Theres always been this horrible little bug in the doom-in-general hitscan code, maybe that got fixed?
You mean that the bullet hits the wall below the crosshair? No, not likely ;)

Return to “General”