ZDoom 2.0.48 !!!!!!!!!!!!

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
HotWax

Post by HotWax »

Chris wrote:I like the text message fading/scrolling that was added to mimic the GL port. A nice subtle effect I almost didn't notice.
That is a very neat effect, though I found a little quirk with it. I'm not sure if this can be considered a bug, but here it is.

As you know, if you pick up an item, it displays the message for around 3 seconds before it fades out. If you hit ESC to bring up the menu and pause the game, the text vanishes immediately. That is not the odd thing. The odd thing is that if you come back from the menu before 3 seconds are up, the text comes back, but fades out shortly after, as if the timer had still been counting while the game was paused. If you come back after 3-4 seconds, the text is already gone. Further, if you had multiple text items on the screen and come back after 3 seconds, the first will be in a fading state and the others shifting up to take it's place. Clearly, the text timer is still running and calculating even while the game is paused and showing the menu. Again, not necessarily a bug, but worth mentioning... I think.
randi
Site Admin

Post by randi »

Nanami wrote:I have no idea why Randy hasn't posted about it yet...
Because with all the changes I've been even since the 47q Skulltag is currently based on, I knew there would be bugs I missed, and I didn't want to make news about it until I was fairly certain there were no big, glaring bugs.
Nanami

Post by Nanami »

Yes master. ;)
randi
Site Admin

Post by randi »

I would have liked to have replaced 2.0.48 with something newer within 24 hours since I uploaded it, but I haven't had enough time today to get everything fixed today. Hopefully tomorrow will see 2.0.49.
Bio Hazard

Post by Bio Hazard »

randy wrote:I would have liked to have replaced 2.0.48 with something newer within 24 hours since I uploaded it, but I haven't had enough time today to get everything fixed today. Hopefully tomorrow will see 2.0.49.

Man! how long did we wait for 47 -> 48 and now we get 48 -> 49 in one day?

you are one strange guy randy...
Nanami

Post by Nanami »

It's not unusual to see a new version with bugfixes. I remember once there was 4+ versions in ONE DAY.
Hirogen2
Graphics Processor: Intel with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hirogen2 »

Make that 6+. 29,30,31,32,32-vidlog and 32-somethingelse.

Return to “General”