[KDiZD] Community Information Thread (Update Page 18)

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
Cardboard Marty
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Cardboard Marty »

wildweasel wrote: A guy at school a year ago had a slightly better idea, in the form of a bunch of numbered folders about three deep. You had to open the folders in the right order to gain access - a form of combination lock. (So you would enter, say, Folder 0, which would display another set of 10 folders, then you'd enter Folder 7, and folder 9 from there - and you'd have access.) Unfortunately, this method was effectively nullified by the fact that the guy had named subdirectories within his combination lock system - among them ZSNES, Games, and VBA. He was defeated by a simple "Expand All."
I actually have done this before(and I thought I invented it in a way.), and I am saddened that it can be defeated so easily(I figured out how to do it myself...I mean the defeat part...and the combination thing...you know what? Forget it.)
Nightmare Doom

Post by Nightmare Doom »

Can anybody release this anytime sooner? The delays & the release dates pushing back is starting to piss me off (don't turn this into another DNF)
Siggi
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Siggi »

No, now shut up.
NiGHTMARE

Post by NiGHTMARE »

The release date hasn't been pushed back; it's always been "When It's Done (TM)".
ace

Post by ace »

Indeed (despite it was suggested perhaps in December once). Keep in mind this has been going on for little over a year. Need I remind anyone that Mordeth is now at year what? Seven? Eight? Get some patience.

I'm itching to play it but have other things that can occupy my time while I'm waiting. 'Tisn't the most important thing on planet Earth.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

NiGHTMARE wrote:The release date hasn't been pushed back; it's always been "When It's Done (TM)".
Not that true at all... it was supposed to be released in 2005... and to a certain time we even said "Early 2005"... but well, things happend and things changed during the developement, but be sure: If it takes longer, it will just please you even more when its out then ;)
Ryan Cordell
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Ryan Cordell »

I'm guessing the KDiZD team switched engines. :lol: :P
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

*bzzt* Sorry, contestant number 1, but I'm afraid I have to pass it over. Mr Gimmer, do you know the answer? :P
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Yeah, sad but Mr Low is true, you finally lost your last chance to win this beautiful washing machine:
...and now don't ask if we are already writing our own engine... KDiZDoom.exe or something like that!
king_necro

Post by king_necro »

:) *paitently waits for project to be released* Ah any more progress and or screen shots?
DoomRater
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by DoomRater »

Tormentor667 wrote:Not that true at all... it was supposed to be released in 2005... and to a certain time we even said "Early 2005"... but well, things happend and things changed during the developement, but be sure: If it takes longer, it will just please you even more when its out then ;)
See Legend of Zelda series and why it hasn't gotten out of taste like Mario and Sonic and Mega Man.
Da Spadger

Post by Da Spadger »

Just for the sake of being ontopic... ;)

Does anyone have the screenshot of the new super shotgun? It appears that the picture of it in the other end of the thread has gone 4 'o 4.
The Mimic

Post by The Mimic »

I'm pretty sure you will see it when it's released :P.
Mewdoom

Post by Mewdoom »

Tormentor667 wrote:Image
Time for some new screenshots for you guys ;)
Just to let you know: We are working! :)
Nice :D

I wonder how do you make the light effect and the angular ceil ?
Medricel

Post by Medricel »

The light effects were made by the KDiZD team, and the angular ceilings are just sectors utilizing slopes.

Return to “General”