Menu issue? [menus close immediately after being opened]

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.

Menu issue? [menus close immediately after being opened]

Postby VixariValentineVNP » Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:10 pm

this issue just sorta sprung up and i'm not sure if it's due to user error or some kind of setting. I couldn't find anything on google.

When I press esc or tilda it will immediately close the menu right after opening it. I have to hold down esc, let it cycle for a bit before it stops and lets me use the menu.
I've tried other programs and the keys seem to work fine so i don't think its a keyboard thing. I tried reinstalling and it didn't fix the issue.

Any help is appreciated!
VixariValentineVNP

Re: Menu issue? [menus close immediately after being opened]

Postby l792735532 » Thu May 19, 2022 9:18 am

Have the same problem here ! I found that this only happens in Win10. My another PC which run in Win7 works just fine. Is there any solution ?
l792735532

Postby ramon.dexter » Fri May 20, 2022 3:53 am

Sounds more like a keyboard issue to me. Try with another keyboard.
ramon.dexter
rudebwoy

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby RKD » Fri May 20, 2022 11:57 am

Curiously enough, it happened to me too yesterday but I realized I alt+shift'd accidently and didn't went back to my normal keyboard. When I came back to the one I always use, the issue was gone.

To give some more detail: I have three keyboard layouts that I can cycle through: Spanish (ESP), Japanese (J) and English (ENG). I'm always on ESP but yesterday I changed to J without realizing and hitting Esc key while in GZDoom opened the menu and closed it instantly, just like OP describes. The issue was gone and all worked fine when I switched back to ESP/ENG (Just double-checked and yes, only happens with the japanese keyboard layout, at least in my case).
RKD

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit

Return to General