Mod revival by community?

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
electrodragon554

Mod revival by community?

Post by electrodragon554 »

Hey ZDoom Forums, here's to a happier 2022

some time ago I've mentioned in the ZDoom projects thread that I have an idea for a mod & while posting the idea; my mind may have slipped. I've forgotten that such a mod already exists.
The lore of this mod is: after a power struggle between Archvile houses; you've been cast down by your house's brethren. Now, you're seeking retribution.
the mod in question is called "Marked" & unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it), the mod is abandoned. I've searched the forums for references - posts, threads - but could not find any; not even in the abandoned projects section.

my question: Can a ZDoomer who doesn't know how to code, compose music, design maps, or draw sprites, call upon the community's help in reviving such Doom modifications?
Is that even a possibility to begin with?
nova++

Re: Mod revival by community?

Post by nova++ »

Perhaps it could be seen as an opportunity to learn new skills.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

The only qualm I'd have with the idea is whether the original author left any terms of use for whether anybody is allowed to reuse portions of their work. If they didn't, it's better to assume you can't.
electrodragon554

Post by electrodragon554 »

I've emailed the author of the mod and they responded that "The ACS scripting that makes most of it go is included in the PK3 though, so anyone should feel free to build upon the idea as they like."

So essentially, this is a green light forward

Return to “General”