gzdoom deleted

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.
DooMag
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

gzdoom deleted

Post by DooMag »

My entire gzdoom directories have disappeared. They're just not there and I haven't deleted them. Has anyone else experienced this. I check my AV log so sign of of deletion from it either.
Kappes Buur

Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Re: gzdoom deleted

Post by Kappes Buur »

If you had deleted the GZDoom folders, that usually would show in the Recycle Bin, from there you can restore folders/files. I would check that first.

As a second possibility you could check if they were accidentally moved to somewhere else. Do a search for the name of the missing folder.

If nothing shows up in either case, then reinstalling would be indicated. After all, nothing that specific disappears on a whim.
DooMag

Post by DooMag »

Kappes Buur wrote:If you had deleted the GZDoom folders, that usually would show in the Recycle Bin, from there you can restore folders/files. I would check that first.

As a second possibility you could check if they were accidentally moved to somewhere else. Do a search for the name of the missing folder.

If nothing shows up in either case, then reinstalling would be indicated. After all, nothing that specific disappears on a whim.
They're just gone, no bin not moved no nothing.
DooMag

Post by DooMag »

The only saving grace is that this is doom we're talking about and losing your save data isn't that big of a deal, but still.
Redneckerz
Spotlight Team
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Redneckerz »

DooMag wrote:My entire gzdoom directories have disappeared. They're just not there and I haven't deleted them. Has anyone else experienced this. I check my AV log so sign of of deletion from it either.
A few options to consider:
* Use a restore point
* If you have your recycle bin set that it should delete directly, then it will be a painful process
* Check subsequent folders above the GZDoom folder, and do a Windows Search from there.

I am pretty much 100% this isn't any of GZDoom's doing, but either a user error or a program error on the user's PC. No directories just disappear for no reason.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Is your computer shared with anybody else?
DooMag

Post by DooMag »

The only logical explanation is that I must have done it myself but I really can't think why I would do that. I lost all my progress. The good news is this is doom, so I should be able to simply idclev to where I was. Still this kind of freaked me out so I backed everything up and formatted my PC.
Redneckerz
Spotlight Team
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Redneckerz »

DooMag wrote:The only logical explanation is that I must have done it myself but I really can't think why I would do that. I lost all my progress. The good news is this is doom, so I should be able to simply idclev to where I was. Still this kind of freaked me out so I backed everything up and formatted my PC.
This sounds like you had a broken save file?
But you backed everything up... How, when all your directories disappeared?

Not that it matters, glad it got resolved (somehow).

Return to “General”