Regarding enhanced night vision object shading

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.

Regarding enhanced night vision object shading

Postby swc132994 » Sat Dec 11, 2021 1:40 pm

I didn't see anything on the wiki regarding enhanced night vision and what are the parameters that determine how an object becomes shaded in enhanced infrared or not? Basically in custom mods, things like detached limbs and blood splats remain unshaded whilst monsters, corpses, items and ammo do shade in infrared.

I have already figured out that If I set the flag +ISMONSTER to limbs and other gore actors they will shade to green in infrared vison.

Is there a way to get certain wall decals to shade on enhanced infrared? As far as tell, there isn't.
swc132994

Re: Regarding enhanced night vision object shading

Postby Graf Zahl » Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:09 pm

It's really just some old thing from the past that hasn't been maintained properly. Currently all it highlights are monsters and pickups and there is not much else you can do to configure it. For inert items you could give them the +ISMONSTER flag and a health of 0, but that's really the extent of it.
Graf Zahl
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer
Lead GZDoom+Raze Developer

Re: Regarding enhanced night vision object shading

Postby swc132994 » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:45 am

Happy New Year to you and thanks for the reply.
It is as I thought then. I can live with wall blood not being highlighted in infrared. At least I managed to get everything else to shade.
swc132994

Return to General