Problem with precompiled header when compiling GZDoom

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.

Problem with precompiled header when compiling GZDoom

Postby RederickDeathwill » Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:04 am

So, I've been trying to compile GZDoom on Windows 10 on Visual Studio 2019 Community Edition for days now and I'm stuck with this problem:

Code: Select allExpand view
Error   C1083   Cannot open precompiled header file: 'D:/Workspace/BRZDoom/src/g_pch.pch': No such file or directory   D:\Workspace\BRZDoom\out\build\x64-Debug\BRZDoom   D:\Workspace\BRZDoom\src\doomstat.cpp   1   

Since it's a cmake project, I've tried disabling the precompiled header for this file manually on CMakeLists.txt:

Code: Select allExpand view
set_source_files_properties(src/g_pch.h PROPERTIES SKIP_PRECOMPILE_HEADERS ON)
set_source_files_properties(src/g_pch2.h PROPERTIES SKIP_PRECOMPILE_HEADERS ON)

It did not work. I've only managed to compile GZDoom on Ubuntu and Fedora so far, but on Windows I'm having this very specific problem. Did anyone ever had a similar problem?
RederickDeathwill

Github ID: https://github.com/EricsonWillians
Operating System: Debian-like Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, etc) 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: Problem with precompiled header when compiling GZDoom

Postby _mental_ » Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:53 am

Are you using CMake integrated into Visual Studio? If so, download standalone CMake, and do projects/solution generation there.
_mental_

Re: Problem with precompiled header when compiling GZDoom

Postby RederickDeathwill » Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:19 pm

_mental_ wrote:Are you using CMake integrated into Visual Studio? If so, download standalone CMake, and do projects/solution generation there.

Bloody hell, that's it! Yes, I was using the integrated one and haven't tried with the standalone CMake. I've generated the solution based on my Visual Studio version and it worked like a charm, didn't even complain about those precompiled headers. Beautiful, thank you very much! That was really helpful.
RederickDeathwill

Github ID: https://github.com/EricsonWillians
Operating System: Debian-like Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Mint, etc) 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Return to General